Drivers door lock key sticking

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
littlepolo
Gold Member

Drivers door lock key sticking

Post by littlepolo »

Had a problem where it was difficult to remove the key out of the drivers door lock, but was able to remove it eventually. It seems the key and possibly the lock barrel are worn (no central locking). The spare key is OK and works in the drivers door, but I'm concerned about the worn barrel and thinking to replace it. What is the best way to go about this please?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Drivers door lock key sticking

Post by RUM4MO »

Try using Google for this, it will be the same fixing/removal method on all newish VW Group cars, all I can remember reading is, there is a retaining screw on the side of the door closure, but you should only unscrew it so many turns or it will drop out and fall down inside the door never to be seen again.

Also, to make life simpler, get a lock barrel ordered in from your local VW dealer, you will need to show them your V5 to confirm your ownership - doing it that way avoids needing to use two keys to operate the car. (ie get a barrel that suits your keys)

How did the engine swop get on?
littlepolo
Gold Member

Re: Drivers door lock key sticking

Post by littlepolo »

Thanks, I'll follow up accordingly.

Engine swap postponed again until half-term. Nursing the old engine along with frequent oil changes and additives. It's getting a bit noisy now :-)