Scrapping a 9N GT TDi 3 door

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
jammy_87
New
Drives: 2005 GT TDI

Scrapping a 9N GT TDi 3 door

Post by jammy_87 »

Hi guys

I'm considering utilising the vw scrappage scheme and reluctantly giving the polo in. It has quite a few extras such as the heated seats and climate and cruise control.

As the car will be getting scrapped i thought i'd see if anyone is interested in purchasing any of the bits before it goes to go towards a few options for me on a new car.

I would obviously need to replace any parts that are taken so would be willing to remove and replace at the same time.

I'm located in Rotherham South Yorkshire if anyone is interested please get in touch.

ThanksImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bousy+5
New
Drives: '55 reg 1.2.

Re: Scrapping a 9N GT TDi 3 door

Post by bousy+5 »

hi. have you still got the polo? could do with the reverse light switch plug off the wiring loom if you have.cheers
Dpautobodys
New
Drives: Polo 9n gt

Post by Dpautobodys »

Have you still got this? I am after a good few bits please.
jammy_87
New
Drives: 2005 GT TDI

Post by jammy_87 »

Hi guys. Sorry for the late reply. The car is still available but please note i am not breaking it. The car is still being used daily and needs to stay as such.

I'm merely making some parts which were extras on this available to you guys if your interested but this would clearly be on an exchange basis. I hope you understand.

Regards

Kamran

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

liam_money
New
Drives: 9n 1.4 TDI

Post by liam_money »

jammy, I’m in halifax and would be interested in swapping the seats with my 1.4 tdi ones if you’re still willing to swap parts, may be interested in a few more bits as well as I’ve just got a 9n

Cheers
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Seems a bit of a pain as that car still looks good, do the sums for scrappage really work for you, have you tried to force a good price with no trade in, or get "orange wheels" etc, etc to give you a price to supply a new car, you might be surprised at their current prices - that is only a guess though. Then sell your car off after taking delivery.

I checked prices from all the usual suspects when getting a price to replace my wife's 2002 Polo back in 2015, then I took the best price for a factory ordered car, added a small amount to cover any inconvenience I was saving by buying locally, and printed that all out with the new car's exact spec and handed it to my local VW sales guy - after 15 minutes we agreed to do that deal. Never assume the ticket price is the only selling price, normally I tend to pay the ticket price for everything I buy, but when it comes to large priced items like cars, it is always worth pushing to pay what you have worked out to be a fair price.