Headlight black plastic ring 9n 1.2

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Andrew S
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 2004

Headlight black plastic ring 9n 1.2

Post by Andrew S »

I changed a headlight bulb tonight and the black plastic retaining ring that holds the bulb in has broken. Done a bodged job for now but where can I buy another one as can't see on eBay? Can you buy this part at the main dealer or will the say it's all part of a new headlight unit only.

For some reason I can't attach a photo. :cry:

Thanks for any help
Cheers
Andrew
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Headlight black plastic ring 9n 1.2

Post by RUM4MO »

I've checked an on line copy of ETKA and there is nothing listed for that I'm afraid as as far as I can remember, that part should always remain fixed to the head light assembly. The only repair parts listed are for the positioning motor assembly and the head light assembly mounting brackets.

I was guessing that you were meaning the horrible bit that you rotate slightly to lock the bulb in place?

Edit:- I do remember removing one once by unscrewing the small screws that held it in place, if that was correct then if you managed to get a headlight, even damaged, from a scrappy, you could swop over that bulb locking assembly?
Andrew S
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 2004

Re: Headlight black plastic ring 9n 1.2

Post by Andrew S »

Thanks for the quick response and suggestion of a salvage unit to get that dreaded plastic bit.
More fun
Thanks
Andrew