Drivers door electrics problems

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Berksboy
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 2005

Drivers door electrics problems

Post by Berksboy »

Hi, I'm new to these forums, my mothers polo is having the following problem, the drivers door does not unlock the central locking, it only opens the drivers door and the catch at the top of the panel comes up very slowly, once the door is open, the electric windows (driver and passengers windows) do not work (the button on the passenger side always does) this is how I figured some things out, drivers door open, both electric window buttons do not work, electric mirror does, unplug and plug back in the three connectors between the door and car, the windows now work, close the door and lock it, the central locking now works, unlock the car, central locking fails, door open, electric windows do not work, unplug and plug in again, all works again, problem seems to be when door is closed, locked, unlocked and opened.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time, cheers.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Drivers door electrics problems

Post by alexperkins »

Check the rubber tube between the door and the body for broken wires. It’s getting quite common on these
Berksboy
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 2005

Post by Berksboy »

Thanks, I have checked and couldn't see anything broken, I did take the door trim off to check continuity, but then I got in a mess with the plate which holds the windows guides on and I got into trouble with the window, so I had to pack up as I was loosing light, why can't these things happen in the summer, will have another go on Wednesday morning.
brokenpolo
New
Drives: 2005 3 door 1.2

Post by brokenpolo »

Hi, did you get this sorted?

I have a similar problem
brokenpolo
New
Drives: 2005 3 door 1.2

Post by brokenpolo »