New carpet mats

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
littlepolo
Gold Member

New carpet mats

Post by littlepolo »

Thinking to get some new mats for a spring clean as the old ones are worn and untidy.

There are some fitted mats on eBay but they're £85 (probably good quality).

Any recommendations for alternative products?
TWR
New
Drives: Maintaning Granddaughtes 2012 Hatchback

Re: New carpet mats

Post by TWR »

Get the car's carpets an internal Valet, approx. £30, if the carpet is beyond replace it.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

When I handed in my wife's old 2002 Polo SE to the VW dealer that was supplying her new Polo, the sales guy said "just hold onto the mats as they will fit the new Polo" - I did not think that was right but I removed the carpet mats.

He did not know what he was talking about, they did not fit the new 2015 6C Polo, so they are still being stored in my garage and have only ever had feet on them for the journey back from NL where I bought that car, as soon as we got home, I bought a full set of rubber mats and placed them on top of these carpet mats

Anyway, if they had fitted, it would always have annoyed me that these mats are grey and the new Polo lower floor covering is black!

Edit:- when I was looking after my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza while she was working abroad, I got a bit annoyed with the rubber mats fitted to it, she had bought a second hand 2002 Ibiza and it came with the wrong front mats, she swopped them over to her next, bought new late 2009 Ibiza - so as well as being the wrong shape, they were becoming very hard, so, when I spotted Lidl selling a full set of cheap rubber mats, I grabbed a set and cut them to size, apart from the rubbery smell for the first year or so, they seem to be okay.

So, maybe save some cash and grab a set of that type/quality of rubber mat?
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

The carpet is a bit beyond due to wear and tear.

Will look at the rubber mats as an option, thanks.
Me9141
Getting There!

Post by Me9141 »

https://www.ukcarmats.co.uk/collections ... ts-2002-10

Have used these before. They have two varients, the one above is the premium which is what I usually go for. Have fitted to Mk6 Golfs, B7RS4, B5S4, E63S.

Best quality rubber I have founds after factory originals for a reasonable price.

Below is their other varient.

https://www.ukcarmats.co.uk/collections ... ts-2001-09
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

Thanks. I got a set of genuine VW mats off eBay for £15. I'll consider those rubber mats before winter comes.