Interior Fuse Box Replacement (1.4 FSI)

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Walton
New
Drives: Polo 9N 1.4 FSI

Interior Fuse Box Replacement (1.4 FSI)

Post by Walton »

Hi everyone

First time poster, but I've found this forum invaluable when looking for answers to do with my car in the past, but couldn't find an answer to my current problem.

I've had an issue with my blower; the correct fuses have been in there, but there's obviously a problem somewhere as the fuses keep blowing, and the socket the fuse goes into has melted a little bit, to the extent that the left hand terminal seems to be unusable now.

I can usually keep a fuse working for a week or two at a time, and just keeping the blower down at 2 maximum, but usually 1. It has got to the point that the fuse box really does need sorting out though, so my query is:

Would a standard fuse box off Ebay, let's say from a 1.2 or something, work in my 1.4 FSI? I know the FSI has its own particular sockets to do with how the engine works etc, but all other sockets listed for other models seem to be blocked off on mine. So I'm wondering whether they would also be blocked off on a 1.2, meaning my FSI wouldn't work properly if I had a non-FSI fuse box installed?

Or is this 'block' on the sockets a temporary one, and one fuse box fits all, so to speak?

FSI fuse boxes seem to be rarer than hens' teeth, so I'm hoping to be able to use one from any old 9n.