Got my new polo!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Petrified
Sponsor

Got my new polo!

Post by Petrified »

Had a bit of a nightmare with the dealer as they had ordered the wrong car. No sunroof, no spoiler. Although after driving it, I kept the car and got some of my money back, they said they'd fit the spoiler anyway so I'll be getting that next week!

I'm already half way to my first 1k in only a couple of days...

I'm not sure what mods to put on there although I did fit headlight protectors before a long journey today and a stone cracked one of them! What's the chances of that happening, and I was going to wait untill I got back...

I've put the mudflaps on them for now as I need them round these parts.

I've put some pics up in the Members Rides section.
:)
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Don't worry about sunroof, stick the ac on! 8)

Glad you got it anyway.

Seen the pics, the red is bright!!! :shock: :D
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Petrified, your officially the first person with an FSi on this forum :lol: Surely that beats the sunroof :lol:
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

lol :lol: True!
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

The first with an FSi? :D

Well as I traded in my mk5 for this one theres a few things i miss on it including the sunroof! although I should really get over that, move on...

1. The dash on the mk5 looks a lot nicer, in the dark it looks the same, with the lights... but the colouring was better. black rather than the grey you get on the new one.

2. The bumpy effect around the dash and on the doors was just ace.

3. I perfer the look of the 3 spoke stering wheel, although the new one feels better ,especially in leather :)

4. The steering was a lot heavier at higer speeds. I dunno maybe it's somthing I can get adjusted.

5. A lockable glove box! why did they change it? I felt a lot better having things locked away while I was away from my car.

6. It had a place where you could store a first aid kit in the boot. I'm yet to find one on the mk6.

But then theres also a lot of thing I like more on the new polo!

1. The 1.4 FSi does the same MPG as my old 1.0 !

2. It's a hell of a lot quicker. OK more to do with having a bigger engine than a new car, but hey :D

3. More places to put things. Especially Cups.

4. Sports seats! and generally a lot more comfy and more ways to adjust your seat.

5. A lot more room, you can have people in the back without having to move your chair forward and move the steering wheel.

6. Full sized spare wheel! yay! But seriously after having a flat tyre driving on 3 15" alloys and 1 12" Steel doesnt a) look good in anyway b) feel safe c) take long to get an uneven wear on the other 3 tyres.

7. Everything else you get going from a 1.0 e to a 1.4 sport (air con, 6 cd auto changer, lowered suspension, remote central locking)

James.
Last edited by Petrified on Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
dxg

Post by dxg »

4. The steering was a lot heavier at higer speeds. I dunno maybe it's somthing I can get adjusted.
There is an option for this somewhere in the VAGCOM - the dealer just needs to connect it and change "something" (???) - anyway it doesn't involve a mechanic and should be doable as a courtesy. Part of the joy of an electric power steering system.

BTW, I had to tell my dealer that they could do this - you might have to convince them to look for the feature as most customers don't realise it exists and, therefore, won't have asked for it to be changed.

There are lots of things (like getting the alarm to bleep when you set it) that can be set with the VAGCOM, but which dealers generally aren't aware of. But I don't really know anything about it, so will shut up now before saying something that's wrong...

Glad to hear you're loving your car, though!!

Trust me, you won't miss the sunroof. I love driving around in a black car on a sunny day (i.e. last week 8)) with all the windows up and the a/c on.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Still haven't asked the dealer to look into this for me, but i WILL next time the car is in.

As for the windows up and air con on, I love it too 8) 8)
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

At least you lot have the option to roll your windows down... I can't for another 4-5 days (cos of the tints!)
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

You keep telling us you have tints, but where are the pics!!!! :?: :?: :lol:
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

exactly dont make me get mad cos you wont like me when im mad :twisted:
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

polo2k

Post by polo2k »

already seen it josh and wow but back on topic
have you got any idea of mods that might appeal to you after driving the car for a few days
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

After seeing those pics I'd like tints!

But can't really afford much else at the moment.

Maybe a few things that wont affect the insurance for now, I'm renewing over the summer so I'll think about wheels, suspension, body styling then. And I dont think it needs and performance upgrades.

For now I want to get my sony Minidisc head and CD changer back in. I've already got someone who wants the standard 6 disc changer but I'm not sure how much it's worth.

Again on the ICE I'm putting a replacement parcel shelf in there with some kenwood 7x10's off my old car. Maybe I'll think of getting an amp and upgrade the front speakers too..

But other than that, just some small things... I've got the sunglasses holder on order and I might paint the calipers red. I've added light protectors, antilock aerial (had to buy 2 replacements on my mk5!) I've put some decent plates on it without my dealers logo/website on them also got rid of the stickers. I doubt if I will debadge unless I get any body mods.

Oh and also thinking of delocking, anyone know which parts I need???

James
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

normally you can just fit rear handles i think moles done it so please chip in molio
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Yeah, I've just been reading the post about the watchdog problem. I thought I'd seen it on here before somewhere. I don't appear to have a problem on mine but would still like to do it.

The only thing is, I havn't got a clue about how to swap the handles over. Is it an easy job or do I need to get someone to help?

James.