Clock and mileage display

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Donnad4182
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 52plate

Clock and mileage display

Post by Donnad4182 »

Hi I recently had a flat battery, so replaced it with new 1 from Halfords. Only to realise the clock and mileage on dash won’t go off after take keys out? Is this normal as was sure it went out b4?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Clock and mileage display

Post by RUM4MO »

How long are you waiting to see if it goes off, I thought that it stayed on for a few minutes.

Alternatively, you have a fault and that was what drained your previous battery, I'm sure that I've read about this sort of issue with one of these cars using this platform in the past, maybe try Google if it persists.
Donnad4182
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 52plate

Post by Donnad4182 »

It is on constantly. Yeah I noticed on another post some1 said they are ment to b on after key out of ignition so unsure what to think. Have been disconnecting battery at night but left it this evening so hope it not flat in morning.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

The screen wont eat much power. On 6ns, 6n2s, 9ns, mk5 golfs etc this was the standard and the mileage was always displayed.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Now this can be the problem when something goes wrong, you start making new observations, and maybe not always coming up with the right conclusions.

I have not owned a 9N Polo for roughly 2years and 8months - so I was only guessing from memory, but it is a nuisance when you get an idea into your head - start stalking up on similar aged parked 9N Polos to see what you find, after checking maybe 10, take the results you have seen as being the correct state for these displays.

I had an issue with a symbol being/ now not being illuminated with my S4 - and that was that, it was only being congratulated on a new suggestion, ie the "S4" graphic on the revs counter should be lighted, that I (maybe) have given in and accepted that it never has been illuminated, it can take time!!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Just flicked back through some photos i had of my 9n and 9n3. The mileage and clock are displayed with the engine off and the keys out - this is perfectly normal behaviour.
bvs
Silver Member
Drives: 02 1.4s 16v

Post by bvs »

Yes we have an 02 Polo 9n - the mileage/clock display is permanently on.