ABS Light + P0030 Code

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
BAJ1208
New
Drives: 9N

ABS Light + P0030 Code

Post by BAJ1208 »

Hi, I am attempting to fix a problem on my other half's polo. It started when she hit a huge pothole and snapped the N/S front spring. I replaced this and since the repair the ABS light has been permanently on. I checked the usual suspects e.g. wiring that could potentially be snagged during repair and have also replaced the corresponding ABS sensor to no avail. I have also replaced the 40A strip fuse above the battery which appeared to be cracked. Having scanned for codes with a Bluedriver the only fault code coming up is a "P0030 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1" which I thought would have nothing to do with the ABS light. I also think it should cause the check engine light to come on, but this is not the case. I have unplugged an ABS sensor as a test and this did generate an additional code, so I'm fairly confident that none of these are damaged.

Has anyone else had this code and symptoms and/or could suggest a course of action?
Quadrion
New
Drives: 6n2

Re: ABS Light + P0030 Code

Post by Quadrion »

I have the same fault code and an Abs light that wont stop. Did you found any solution?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

One complete guess would be that the wheel bearing got damaged when that pothole was hit, so that could flag up an ABS fault.

You would really need to use a scan tool that can retrieve ABS fault codes to work out what has happened.

Edit:- or the ABS reluctor ring in the bearing assembly.
Last edited by RUM4MO on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

BAJ1208 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:34 pm Hi, I am attempting to fix a problem on my other half's polo. It started when she hit a huge pothole and snapped the N/S front spring. I replaced this and since the repair the ABS light has been permanently on. I checked the usual suspects e.g. wiring that could potentially be snagged during repair and have also replaced the corresponding ABS sensor to no avail. I have also replaced the 40A strip fuse above the battery which appeared to be cracked. Having scanned for codes with a Bluedriver the only fault code coming up is a "P0030 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1" which I thought would have nothing to do with the ABS light. I also think it should cause the check engine light to come on, but this is not the case. I have unplugged an ABS sensor as a test and this did generate an additional code, so I'm fairly confident that none of these are damaged.

Has anyone else had this code and symptoms and/or could suggest a course of action?
As I posted earlier about your ABS problem, that Lambda Sensor fault code is typical and is usual caused by a sensor failure, or is a legacy failure, have you just bought this car or have you just replaced that sensor?