9N 2003 Starting problems after a journey.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
traveller23
New
Drives: 9n 2003

9N 2003 Starting problems after a journey.

Post by traveller23 »

Hi
I hope someone can shed some light on a problem with my car.
The car starts and runs fine. The problems starts for example you do about 5 miles or longer and stop and turn the car off if you try and start it nothing happens, lights on the dash all come as usual but no cranking the mileage indicator and clock fade when turning the key and if try too many times everything will reset i.e clock and mileage indicator and radio time etc. This was only happening occasionally but now a lot more. To start the car if you wait about 15-45mins or jump start its start normally and runs OK. This does not happen on all journey's only sometimes but more now. I may think its starter motor but thought I would try if anyone else has had this problem or a solution to it. Thanks Bhups
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: 9N 2003 Starting problems after a journey.

Post by iichel »

sounds more like the battery is beyond its prime years.
traveller23
New
Drives: 9n 2003

Post by traveller23 »

The battery was my first thought but it starts straight away even in the cold etc. I have got the battery checked and have been told its fine.
geo stronach
New
Drives: 2003 polo

Post by geo stronach »

I would say drop test battery and take voltage from alternator with ignition on that way you will know if it's just a battery or both to be replaced even check the belt tension

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk