Disabling the brake wear warnings

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
talkToTheHat
New
Drives: 04 9N 1.2-6valve

Disabling the brake wear warnings

Post by talkToTheHat »

My front brake pad wear sensor wiring appears to have has the connector ripped off the loom and the ends twisted and taped. Yay for quality workmanship. It's been this way for a while it seems. It's been triggering when I get near full steering lock for a while which is kind of annoying. I've strripped and soldered the connection but to no avail as it seems to be damaged further up the cable. Any suggestions for sorting this? I'm a bit wary of opening up the cable trunking as it meets what I think is the ABS sensor wiring at a molded plastic junction and I don't want to screw up my ABS. Any idead on how to proceed?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Disabling the brake wear warnings

Post by RUM4MO »

Without digging deeper into that cable assembly, the only other way would be to find someone that has VCDS and ask them to disable this brake wear warning function, ie change the coding.
talkToTheHat
New
Drives: 04 9N 1.2-6valve

Post by talkToTheHat »

Do I need VAGCOM for that?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Well, I can't see any VW Group dealership disabling it for you as it is a safety feature, I'd hope that same for VW Group Indie, so that leaves probably anyone with VCDS as they tend to be DIYers mainly. You don't need to buy your own if you can contact someone that owns a legal version and how is willing to do as you require in return for some money!