2003 1.4 16v polo idle problems

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Jordankinsey
New
Drives: 2003 1.4 16v polo

2003 1.4 16v polo idle problems

Post by Jordankinsey »

I have an 2003 1.4 16v polo I was driving it for around a year and half with no problems at all I then got a new car and parked it I’m my garage to do some m.o.t work on it be before selling so before I parked it it was all fine the day I had someone coming to look at it decide to turn it around so they could see it better but I tried to start it and it had a flat battery so charged the battery and then started and that’s when it all happened the idle speed is all over the place and the cause of the flat battery was because the orange oil light is very very faintly light kind of like a bad earth and is causing my battery to go flat but apparently that’s down to faulty clocks I’ve had my TB recalibrated and no joy also I’m not sure if the vacuum pipes are right because there was diy pipes on there when I got it but they worked fine had I drove it for over a year but when I rang vw for new one I couldn’t get the one I was looking for because the once I took off went from the brake servo to the engine and t’ed off to the TB but they don’t do one with 3 pipes please can someone help me get to the bottom of this
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 2003 1.4 16v polo idle problems

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe you should take it out for a longish drive to allow the ECU to relearn its long term values as that might just enough to get you clear from this issue enough to move it on?
Jordankinsey
New
Drives: 2003 1.4 16v polo

Re: 2003 1.4 16v polo idle problems

Post by Jordankinsey »

We have gave it a bit of a drive but it’s sorn and has no insurance