Boot carpet removal

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Tomjones1995
New
Drives: Polo 9n GT TDI

Boot carpet removal

Post by Tomjones1995 »

Hi, does anybody know how to remove the boot carpet that covers the spare tyre? Mine could do with being replaced. A part number would be great too if anybody knows it.

Many thanks,
Tom
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Boot carpet removal

Post by RUM4MO »

My wife traded in her old 2002 Polo back in August 2015, but as far as I can remember, there might be a couple of plastic rivets or maybe even not, but make sure that you help the short section that passes under the rear seat back through or it will tear off where there are perforations - though maybe not important if you are replacing it.
Tomjones1995
New

Post by Tomjones1995 »

Hi Rum4mo, thanks for replying. It's the section that goes underneath the rear bench that I can't figure out how to remove, it looks like I may need to remove the rear bench entirely as the hinges/brackets that secure the back bench to the car are also holding the boot carpet in place as well I think
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I thought that it was just pushed through as I seem to remember there being cut outs so that it fits round the seat fixing brackets, so I always thought, but never actually tried to remove it, that you would just fold over some sections and feed/push it back through - maybe not!
Tomjones1995
New

Post by Tomjones1995 »

Yeah I thought that too but it seems to be a 'fixed' loop so to speak so that it can't be pulled out when accessing the spare tyre I think. No worries, thanks for the help
Trust-Locke
New
Drives: 2003 1.4 TDI

Post by Trust-Locke »

You need to remove the rear seats, I have a 3 doors so I dont know if it is different but put the back rest down and on the pivotpoint where also the seatbelt is attached you find a a small 'white pin' that you push to to the back and pop out the steel bar (that runs at through the back rest).
_20190531_200047.JPG
When that is popped, gently, wiggle out the other side of the steel bar.... I wasnt so gentle and you see I damaged a bit of the trim.