Polo twist 05 plate passenger rear door lock issie

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Noz1988
New
Drives: 1.4 polo twist 05 plate

Polo twist 05 plate passenger rear door lock issie

Post by Noz1988 »

Hi guys,

I have a issue with my polo twist 05 plate so what happens when I unlock the doors using the key all doors unlock accept for the rear passenger door and even when u pull on the handle to open it the lock lever comes up but as soon as you let go of the handle it goes back down again any ideas to fix it??
Noz1988
New
Drives: 1.4 polo twist 05 plate

Re: Polo twist 05 plate passenger rear door lock issie

Post by Noz1988 »

Noz1988 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:18 am Hi guys,

I have a issue with my polo twist 05 plate so what happens when I unlock the doors using the key all doors unlock accept for the rear passenger door and even when u pull on the handle to open it the lock lever comes up but as soon as you let go of the handle it goes back down again any ideas to fix it??
Zeno
New
Drives: 2004 Polo Twist 1.2 12v manual 73k

Post by Zeno »

Hi, Mine is doing exactly the same. Fortunately I have caught it before the door can not be opened at all.
Looks like a problem with the deadlock as the lock works fine when operated from the drivers internal lock/unlock button (don't believe this initiates the deadlock)
I have set out to renew the lock spurred on by this video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScYiNu2W0Lw

Sourcing a new lock. There are quite a few locks on the bay at around £20 :o . Has anybody had experience of these locks as looking at the complexity of the lock I find it had to believe these can be produced at this price :?:
Bikergonebald
New
Drives: 2004 1.2 Twist

Post by Bikergonebald »

I recently replaced both of my locks, one door was stuck unlocked so it was easy the other was stuck locked.
For the one that stuck shut there is a place on the inside of the door where you can drill a small hole and use a torx bit to remove a screw that holds the deadlock mechanism inside the lock. As soon as you remove this screw the door will open.
Really easy if you know where to drill the hole.
The instructions I read said that you first had to remove the door card which was difficult and did result in some damage.

I will post some photos later with a bit more explanation.

As for the locks off eBay I bought a pair and they were identical to the original version except for not having VAG stamped on them.
Attachments
AD3C4FD7-F8A5-4EDE-B16E-F29389A5CFC0.png
Zeno
New

Post by Zeno »

Fitted a replacement lock from a VW dismantler and all is now working fine and consistently. :D
I first ordered a £17 aftermarket one made by SENCO comfort systems
Untitled.jpg
, then thought twice about it so also ordered a 2007 one with VW stamped on it from a VW dismantler £45 :|
Before deciding which one to fit I tested both by plugging in direct to the door loom. To my surprise both worked fine, the motor in the £17 sounded quieter than the £45 one.
Job went well, heavily guided by youtube videos. The most difficult bit was getting the two split plastic bushes into the glass and winder bracket.
If any body wants the spare aftermarket rear passenger side lock module, send me a private message.
Zeno
New

Post by Zeno »

Just took the old door lock module apart and found the deadlock microswitch contacts are high resistance. Motor and circuit board connections are all fine.
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

I also have a problem with the rear nearside door not unlocking on the central locking or when pulling the handle (the button does not pop up) from the inside. It must be the season for it.