Interior screws

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Trust-Locke
New
Drives: 2003 1.4 TDI

Interior screws

Post by Trust-Locke »

Dear members,

I just signed up to the forum because recently I bought a 3 door Polo 9n 2003 1.4 TDI.
This is for me the first time that I ever signed up to a forum, please excuse if I make some mistakes and accidently brake some house rules.

Now I have the following problem, while repairing the drainage of the sunroof I took the whole interior out to clean everything properly.
I usually take all the screws and put them in a box to know where they come from, this time I didn't because I thought they were all the same :?

After putting everything back together I suddenly found 6 (a little bigger than the others) torx screw. But I have no idea where they came from.
I took everything out: headliner, seats, carpets, middle console, interior trim (execpt the door trim) but I left the most of the dashboard in place.
IMG-20190516-WA0011.jpeg
the screws compared to the smaller (left) ones for the middle console and from underneath the dashboard and they look a bit like the wheelwell screws.
IMG-20190528-WA0015.jpeg
_20190531_193619.JPG
Does anyone know where these might come from, as I only took the interior out and they look so clean it must come from the interior?
Also the previous owner had the 2 rubber caps lying around in the door pocket, someone a suggestion?
2.png
Thank you very much!

Locke
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Interior screws

Post by RUM4MO »

There are VW Group parts listing on the internet, some of the older ones still cover your age of Polo, later when I on using my laptop I will send a link to a suitable one - hopefully, if you don’t find one first.

I think that you will find out quite quickly when you try to fit a “big” size in a “small” hole and the other way round.
Trust-Locke
New
Drives: 2003 1.4 TDI

Post by Trust-Locke »

Thank RUM4MO, I have been looking online but personally never could find a proper parts catalog. I would appreciate if you could send me a good link.
I think that you will find out quite quickly when you try to fit a “big” size in a “small” hole and the other way round.
That is what I thought but everything went back together without any issue...
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »