Adding auto dim rain sensor mirror

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
StephenRobertson
New

Adding auto dim rain sensor mirror

Post by StephenRobertson »

Could anyone please tell me if the BCM of my Trusty 16 valve 1.4 04 9n Polo Twist is compatible with adding rain sensors or will I have to upgrade this as well please please help I think I have most worked out though the wiring does scare me a bit thanks I hope someone can help I love my Polo and I think she deserves to have the latest
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Adding auto dim rain sensor mirror

Post by RUM4MO »

These cars do not have a BCM as such, most of these functions and power control is taken care of by the CCM or Comfort Control Module I think, so yes, I'd think that you will need to source a higher level version of one of these controller.

My wife's previous 2002 9N Polo 1.4 16V SE was spec'd with all these options.

If you are mainly planning to get the auto dimming function, Gentex, who are probably the supplier of the original factory fitted system, do sell kits for retro fitting - maybe look in the other sections of this Polo forum for more info on that as I'm sure that someone has bought and fitted that to a newer Polo.

Edit:- sorry not in this forum, but a Skoda Fabia one - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... ew-mirror/
StephenRobertson
New

I have already upgraded CCM to be able to install remote locking option so hopefully it should be ok for the rain sensors only one way to find out ,have to get a vag-com
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

You mean VCDS.
StephenRobertson
New

Yep just a slip of the tongue there's a new dongle with an app out now might give that I look
StephenRobertson
New

I will point out what do you think VC stands for people always like to point out things do they point out this idiot
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

StephenRobertson wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:34 pm Yep just a slip of the tongue there's a new dongle with an app out now might give that I look
Was that aimed at me, I hope not, you have the wrong person if you think that I was trying to be a smart ass.

The point I was making, though you probably missed it, was that anything being sold as VAG-COM is old ripped off RossTech stuff that RossTech get no royalties or anything from, just bad press when it all goes wrong.

Anything that comes from RossTech even the shareware version is called VCDS or maybe even VCDS Lite, so that is what people should be buying if they want support from RossTech or anyone on these VW Group forums.
StephenRobertson
New

Always an explanation afterwards people always assume you're stupid and point out maybe you should think it's this or this you're not using the right letters or the right terminology who cares I don't care if it's ripped off I don't care about if it works it works
StephenRobertson
New

Listen some people can't afford the prices these rip-off merchants ask just because they think they own everything if someone can make it cheaper good let it be ripped off it's not disrespect it's trying to save money my god
StephenRobertson
New

And as for your little dig maybe I missed it wouldn't miss you
StephenRobertson
New

You're full of it p*** off
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Seems you are a very sad example of society, maybe not what these forums want or need, you really are putting some effort into trying to win the moral high ground, calm down, you might, if you stay on this forum, just want more help for something else.
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by LeonSymnz »

You ladies ok?...
StephenRobertson
New

Just handbags and frustration
StephenRobertson
New

I have never liked passive aggression I've always preferred the normal kind where someone gets their ass kicked modern social media makes it so easy for people to be high and Mighty until they walk out the front door