Clutch pedal high

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Aaron2010star
New
Drives: Polo

Clutch pedal high

Post by Aaron2010star »

Hi, I’ve brought my daughter her first car and it’s a polo 1.2 54 plate, after driving it I’ve noticed that the clutch pedal is very high, when I say high it’s that high I just touch it and clutch is active, it don’t seem to be slipping, and I’ve tried accelerating heavy in a high gear and tried the hand brake on truck to see if it slips but doesn’t? I believe it’s got the auto tensioning spring on the gearbox cable, so can’t adjust it? Is it the clutch worn is so can someone provide me with some instructions how to change the clutch, I can see the clutch isn’t that expensive for that car, but never done a clutch on a polo, would putting a new clutch make the biting low again? 108k miles thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Aaron2010star on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Re: Clutch pedal high

Post by Bepis »

Similar issue myself. Has only slipped once but can’t put it down to the clutch as I think I may have pressed the peddle slightly going for the dead peddle but as the bite is so high I probably, disengaged the clutch. I’ve been quoted roughly £360 to have a clutch fitted.
Aaron2010star
New
Drives: Polo

Post by Aaron2010star »

Yes it’s not a big job from what I’ve seen on videos off the net, anyone else share any light on this , clutch experts around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

It should be a hydraulic clutch, so no cable, they will always auto adjust by virtue of their design, it is what it is.
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

So do they always have a high biting point even with a new clutch?