Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Fox63
New
Drives: 1.4TDI 2009

Post by Fox63 »

Hi. This is my first post on here. Not sure how busy this forum is but I have a problem with the Polo 1.4TDI that I've just bought off my lad for my partner.
It's a 2009 registered 3 door car with a BNM PD engine. Just got it through its MOT having replaced front springs, Drop links, rear shocks, battery and an alternator.

My problem now is an itermittant drivers side window. It seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it functions as it should, other times it goes up/down up/down about 20mm at a time and then stops functioning at all in the closed position. I've pulled the rubber boot and had a look at the wires below the top hinge and there doesn't appear to be anything broken.

Could someone tell me which wires are responsible for the drivers window or point me in the direction of a possible fix.

I hope I've posted this in the right place as I'm a bit confused by the mark and the year. If not could one of the admin please move it.

Edit..looks like its a mk7 9N3
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: New member

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes it will be a very late 9N3 so is in the wrong area of this forum, though that should not change too much, I think that the door switches tended to give trouble so swopping for one bought at a scrappy might work or might not is it might also be faulty!
littlepolo
Gold Member

Re: New member

Post by littlepolo »

What is the odometer reading?