Where to buy Fuchs oil

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Where to buy Fuchs oil

Post by Bepis »

I've been having issues with a slightly noisy top end which has gotten better after a few oil changes with Castrol Edge 5W-30. After having a read around the forum it seems 5W-40 will help reduce the noise once hot and Fuchs oil seems to have some quality that makes it further reduce head noise. I can find 5W-40 that meets VW 502 on amazon linked below:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuchs-60093082 ... 228&sr=8-1

However, I cannot find the long-life version that meets 504 in a 4L bottle, only 1L bottle.
I change my oil and filter every 3-5K, just wondering if there is any difference in resistance to degradation or dilution?

Edit: Seems the long-life still only meets 502 so is there much difference?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Where to buy Fuchs oil

Post by RUM4MO »

Back to your thread subject, email Fuchs helpline or customerline, I did that many years ago and was given some local outlets that I had not even considered, one thing though, until you contact these outlets directly, you will not know if you even stock the version you want and in the container size you need. I think at that point I moved away from Fuchs due to not being able to get what I wanted easily in the right container size and price. I could not fault their oils though, but if you can't get it easily then no good to me, I moved to Mobil One ESP 5W-30 and got 10 litres at a time from Opie Oils and so carriage was free.