Sopping wet footwells

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Lukegttdi
New
Drives: Polo GT Tdi pd130

Sopping wet footwells

Post by Lukegttdi »

Hi all,

Just bought a polo gt tdi, first of all love the car excellent power and economy.

But unfortunately had water coming into the car and now the whole interior floor is sopping wet! I plan to sort it this weekend, pretty sure the water is coming in from where the drainage from the front windscreen hasn’t been cleaned, so hopefully easy enough to sort.

Once the problem is solved I plan to take the front seats out and pull up the floor so suck as much water as I can with my vax, then leave the car running with the heaters on to finish the job. The question I have is, with the front seats out and the plug underneath disconnected, am I good to run the car without the car kicking off and throwing a warning light on, and will I then need to reset anything?

I would appreciate anyone’s help with this

Cheers

Luke
Polo_Tom
New
Drives: VW Polo 9n

Re: Sopping wet footwells

Post by Polo_Tom »

The airbag is most likely to be the only area to give you any trouble, nothing major to worry about. I'd say you'd probably be alright but to be on the safe side, disconnect the battery before you remove the seats and put the seats back in again before you reconnect the battery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CzRelssh0o8

This might be worth a watch for you, he replaces the standard seats on his 9n with gti seats. As far as I know they both have airbags and he mentions not having any issues when he starts the car up after switching them.