Touch up paint

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
littlepolo
Gold Member

Touch up paint

Post by littlepolo »

Any recommendations for purchase of aerosol/rattle cans to do a couple of small-ish paint repairs?

TPS only selling to trade via online orders and I can't be bothered with the dealers.
littlepolo
Gold Member

Re: Touch up paint

Post by littlepolo »

Ordered from eBay seller
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Seeing as this thread has been created, I'll add in my experience from buying touch up paint pen via ebay - I bought it for my wife's 2015 Polo 1.2TSI, offered at a good price, turned up quickly, was set aside until required. Good Feedback sent!!

Then, I opened it, maybe a month later, the brush etc could not be removed from the container, why? Well the date code on the pen did indicate that it was either manufactured 10 years before the time I bought it, or its use by date was 10 years before I bought it, that was a genuine VW paint pencil - I will never repeat that mistake again.

For anyone interested there is an online source of genuine VW Group parts and that is Coverdale Car Parts, they have a website but respond/prefer if FB is used - the only use I have for FB, also if you have a Paypal account that makes life so ease to handle payment.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

The best place I’ve found would be a local to you trade paint supplier, most will sell to the public and most do rattle cans to a paint code .it will be made to order may take an hour depends how busy they are I always phone the order then it’s ready to collect.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Even ordering the small, in my case twin pack, of pearl/metallic paints from the local VW Group dealer's parts department was surprisingly cheap.
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

I ordered made up paint from Autopaint Huddersfield online.

My last experience with the dealers put me off for life (nothing to do with price)