Airbag sensor fault query

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Haggis20069
New
Drives: 2004 POLO

Airbag sensor fault query

Post by Haggis20069 »

Hi All, I’ve been having problems with my daughters Polo throwing up an airbag fault light on the dash. First of all we were getting faults saying it was a faulty sensor on the passengers side, we replaced it and we got the same fault. I’ve replaced the airbag control unit with all of the same numbers, refitted the original crash sensor on the passenger side and cleared those faults but now we are getting:

01222 Crash Sensor Side Airbag: Passenger Side (G180) "30-00 -" Open or Short to Plus

I’ve done a bit of research but there’s not a lot that’s current, Ross Tech gives me several options, one of which points to wiring. I’ve chopped out and hardwired the yellow connector under the seat but videos on You Tube suggest it may be the actual wires to the crash sensor under the carpet.

You Tube and Google give me several bits of advice, the fault code seems to be generic across the VW range for Passat, Golfs and Beetles. This is the only thing stopping me getting the car MOT’d and put up for sale. I don’t want to sell it as spares or repair as it’s got three months MOT left on it and I’ve put loads of new parts into it.

Has anyone specifically had this code? What does the 30-00 point to? What was the fix you used to solve the problem?
Haggis20069
New
Drives: 2004 POLO

Re: Airbag sensor fault query

Post by Haggis20069 »

Someone must have an idea about this, anyone?
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: Airbag sensor fault query

Post by CarbonChaos »

G180 is indeed the crash sensor bolted to the floor under the seat towards the outside of the vehicle , have you tried swapping the sensors from side to side and see if the fault moves to the other side ?
This would eliminate the component and leave wiring as the cause ?

As for the 30 I believe I denotes LH and 29 would be RH I may be mistaken 🤔