GTi International - May 10-11th 2003 - CLUB STAND!

Organise Meetings and Events!
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

im a possibility for bot days and should be confirmed within the week
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

ive had an idea that i have not got fully worked out yet but all i need to know is if its ok with the organisers (insurance and the like) and the little thing of wheater im going.
i happen to be getting towards the end of my current set of front pads and if i can make them last then i am prepared to change them at the show (on the stand) this will mean that i can show people how to do basic maintenance rther than type it all
i would be prepared to do things like brakes (disc only) front and probably rear, possibly a service (oil and filter) and other things but nothink like chamging an engine or cam belt because i will only have hand tools available. this is all subject to the organisers decision and if im going but depending on the organisers i imagine that we will only be able to do the cars on the stand due to the implications of getting other cars into the public area.
as a provisiory list of conditions i will say this:
all work will be done and completed on the stand by myself and viewed by the general public.
i will try and provide the tools and any consumables used therein such as wd40
the owner will provide all parts
labour will be free but buying me a pint is a suggested optional :P
i reserve the right to refuse to work on any car that i fell might be unsafe for myself or the public

please keep checking this post incase i change any conditions
if this idea is going to work then i will NEED to kow who is interested and what they want doing. also id like to add that if you need somthing doing now then please dont wait till inters to save a few quid at the risk of your safty or the roadworty ness of your vehicle. i plan to work out an estimated time per diy and make some kind of time table so that you can see what you want and not have to wait around all day in case i do it without notifying you (the timetable will be posted here on uk-polos.net and on the club stand .
so please post away with what you want doing
josh id also like t add that its your stand and every item will have to be aproved by your self in advance and also that if the organisers dont approve (due to health and safty implications) then i respet their decision
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Ok

I'll have to ask the organisers, but if it is allowed (and I don't get them done before inters) I might get you to do my rear discs and pads!

Thanks Mate
Grizzle
New

Post by Grizzle »

Woohooo we are coming keep me us a space guys :P
Last edited by Grizzle on Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
StevieB
New

Post by StevieB »

You got mail Josh!!...
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

I was litterally on the verge of ordering me new wheels today. But I held back because I STILL can't decide what I want or if I even want them, lol! Might just be happy with 30 mil ABT springs.

I definately coming to GTi international. But I'm still very 50/50 on appearing on the stand :cry:

Its not that I don't want to come, its just the thought that my cars gonna look crap compared to all your lovely examples, lmao :lol:
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

New Attandance List:

BOTH DAYS
Josh_PoloGTi - Josh
Polo2K - Ash
BlackGTi - Courtney

SATURDAY ONLY - 1 SPACE STILL AVAILABLE
Mole - Richard
Tigor - Tim
Grizzle - Graham
Nelson_Wilbury - Neil

SUNDAY ONLY - NOW FULL!
Polo17 - Alex
StevieB - Steve
MK4Polo - Mark
Speedlaw - Alex
Hardhitter - Dan

UNCONFIRMED
BlackPoloGTi - Tas
NelsonWilbury - Niel
Pettsy - Matthew

We have space for 8 cars and a Gazebo each day, and there are a number of people who only want to go on the stand for one day, so if you have any interest in putting your car on the stand, please let me know!

It doesn't have to be modified... Just nice, clean and tidy!

It will be fun, and will only cost about £2 for each car on top of your ticket price (you need to sort tickets out yourselves)

We'll be having a BBQ, Stickers will be available, and it gives your motor (and the forum) some decent exposure!

Remember, this is the biggest Water-Cooled VW Show in the UK! Lots of people, press, etc etc!

You KNOW you want to!

Regards

The UK Polo Forum Management
Last edited by Josh_PoloGTi on Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Grizzle
New

Post by Grizzle »

Right lads an lassies see ya's there on saturday the 10th cause a got crail in fife to go to the next day MaxP Event :D see ya's soon :wink:
blackgti
Bronze Member

GTi International

Post by blackgti »

Hey there Josh sorry I'm not online at the moment as I've moved house, but I'm still a go for both days. If you could let me know by post as I won't be online till tuesday 8th april.

Cheers :D
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Woohoo!

I received the Car Passes this morning, so it's all systems go!

We still have 2 spaces available for Saturday...

Sunday is now fully booked!

I should be getting the Gazebo tomorrow, and I'll be sorting out the banner and plain text silver vinyl window stickers, internal and external (for people with tints) soon.

Could someone bring a fold-up table? We need one to put in the Gazebo, and I'm not going to have room!

I'm in the process of setting up an email distribution list so I can email everyone on the stand directly (with more info etc). Therefore, please ensure that your email address is correct in your profile.

Thanks

The UK Polos Management
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Yeyyyy!

Looking forward to it now actually :D

Are we going to be getting the stickers before inters, so we can put them on :D or wait until we're there?

If I had a foldup table mate I'd help, but I haven't! Sorry.

See ya there :D
KarlM

Post by KarlM »

Unfortunatly i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to make it as the car is still in the paint shop, then its off to Music World to get the replacement ICE (remember Josh? yes, the insurance company have only just agreed to replace it all), so unless someone can give us a lift down, its a non starter (ps i'm willing to pay for petrol to however can take me down)
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

All

I'm thinking about producing a VCD of GTi International 2003...

I was just wondering whether anyone else who is going will be taking a (digital) video camera, cos I'll never manage to catch everything on my own...
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

ill be taking mine (obviously :D:P) but the video capture is rubbish so ill just be doing stills but if you want you can use them as a slideshow
blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

I can borrow a digital camera too! :D

Looking forward to it now

Courtney