Scratch on mk5 glove box

Detailing & Bodywork
mkone
Bronze Member

Scratch on mk5 glove box

Post by mkone »

Hi there, any suggestions to get rid of a scratch along the mk5 glove box? Has left a nasty mark. Thanks
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

How deep is it?

I dont know of anything that can fill a scratch if its actually cut into the plastic. But any good interior dressing should be able to remove or and least hide the scratch.
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Got a picture? I think the mark might still be there, no matter how you try to get rid of it, esp. if the surface is textured

Perhaps consider replacing the glovebox door?
mkone
Bronze Member

Post by mkone »

Here's a pic of the nasty stratch its not too deep to be honest.

dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Hmmm not to sure on scratches like that to be honest.

May be worth trying to hide it with interior trim dressing but that's only a temporary measure. I dout you would be able to get rid of it completely without replacing it.
mkone
Bronze Member

Post by mkone »

Im not so much trying to get rid of the scratch altogether just make it less visible. Not worth removing the glove box door as the lock wouldn't match my key.
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Is that off a girls heels by any chance, i got one on my old car, f*****g slaggggggggggs!! hehe!
mkone
Bronze Member

Post by mkone »

Ha ha! Not quite my missus knows her place in the car! Was putting a record box down on the floor, couldn't be bothered moving seat back and forced the bugger down oops! Would've put on seat but as they're leather anything heavy marks like a b***h.
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Quite large :(

m8 - it's possible to just replace the door itself, the lock parts can be popped out and placed in the new door part (bought without a lock), then all will be good again and with no need for any new key :)