head light bulbs

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Tris
Gold Member

Post by Tris »

Not sure, they look like crystal ones with HID's. Hopefully he'll see this topic 8)

Awesome combination imo.
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

Tris wrote:
Phil6N wrote:Just wondering, i have halfords super brillaince(xenon)bulbs, supposed to be 50% brighter. anyone know whether there would be noticeble difference between them and the philips?
Or would it be better to get a 16v bumper with fogs?OR can u get a kit for the 8v bumper?
Cheers dudes
What are the Halfrauds bulbs like?

Personally I just chose the Philips VisionPlus because they were top rated by Auto Express, so it's good to have a neutral opinion!

I can't remember seeing any standard 8v's with fogs, but surely aftermarket kits are available. Personally, I'd look into getting HID's from http://www.hids4u.co.uk/, they do a kit for Polos for £220 or so, I think Tej has these on his 16v? But ideally you'd have crystal headlights to go with them....cos I think the beam pattern would look a bit messy through the standard frosted lights...so that's even more money!

:?
There okay, at 1st i noticed the difference, but now a year down the line, just feel like i need something brighter. AHHH the possibilites!
Ajit_mk2_16v
Getting There!

Post by Ajit_mk2_16v »

i installed the Philips Vision Plus bulbs and I must say they made a huge improvement. The colour is much whiter than before and the range is better. A marked difference from my previous mis-matched pair.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Tris wrote:Not sure, they look like crystal ones with HID's. Hopefully he'll see this topic 8)

Awesome combination imo.
Thats the shizzle!! Thats not just the bulbs? I'd be interested to find out how to get it like that... Im have no experteese in this area
Tris
Gold Member

Post by Tris »

Nah that's an all out HID kit. Looks immense!

Hope Tej doesn't mind me using his pic for an example :oops:
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Hmm... how much are we looking for hid kit?
Any website with details?
Tris
Gold Member

Post by Tris »

JTLondon
Silver Member

Post by JTLondon »

Phil6N wrote:Just wondering, i have halfords super brillaince(xenon)bulbs, supposed to be 50% brighter. anyone know whether there would be noticeble difference between them and the philips?
Or would it be better to get a 16v bumper with fogs?OR can u get a kit for the 8v bumper?
Cheers dudes
Parents bought me a replacement bulb whilst I was at work, bloody £6 from the petrol station and standard tint/brightness. My other bulb was also burnt, though the filament was intact, the tip was scratched like hell.
So I popped into a car parts shop near my work and they told me those bulbs are only £2.50 :evil: bloody con petrol station.

Anyways I bought a "Xenon" style bulb to go on my left side and it quoted 30% more brighter, its definitely noticable. Left side gives more light and the beam is higher up, which mean greater range, and the right side is standard, which isnt too bad on oncoming cars.
If they were to blow again, I'd get the blue ones I think. Are those Phillips Blue as blue as Tej's headlights?
Noddy
Bronze Member

Post by Noddy »

JTLondon wrote:Are those Phillips Blue as blue as Tej's headlights?
I just bought a pair and they're never gonna be confused with a proper HID setup like Tej has but they are pretty bright.

I'd say they look whiter more than blue but i'll take a picture on the way back from work tomorrow night and let you decide. On some surfaces you can see a hint of blue but most of the time its just dazzling whiteness.
wesley666
New

Dam it

Post by wesley666 »

i just bought some new lights for my car H4, (it says in ur manual what type you need)

Mine were off ebay but there from canada cost me like £12 bought them this week hopefully come soon there 8500k lol so should be good
BlooPolo
New

Post by BlooPolo »

fook me! Ordered a pair of Philps Blue Vision jobbies from powerbulbs on Tuesday, got them this morning. Had a good read of these forums on how to fit the bulbs and thanks to the posts here I finally got the buggers in and with some luck, the cover on the back of the passenger headlamp!

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is, are the sidelight bulb holders unscrew type, turn 90/180 degrees and pull out or are they squeeze and pull type?

I've been trying to remove the sidelights, unscrewing them seemed to make them retract from the headlamp but I've run out of wire/dont want to risk twisting up the wires so much that they break off. I can't tell if there is a removable plug on the back of the bulb holder.

Currently stopped and left it for the night but would like to get the sidelights put in that came free from Powerbulbs. Looks a bit shoddy at the moment with white main beam and yellow sidelights :?

I'll go wash me hands properly whilst I wait for a reply :P
Got some glass or fibres or something reflective on my hands from the engine bay or the bulbs. Proper itchy :cry:
Noddy
Bronze Member

Post by Noddy »

BlooPolo wrote:Got some glass or fibres or something reflective on my hands from the engine bay or the bulbs. Proper itchy :cry:
MATE, THOSE ARE THE FIRST SYMPTOMS OF BIRD FLU :shock: :shock: :shock:

But seriously, the sidelights: I just yanked the bulbholders out by pulling on the wiring - not very clever I know. Then to remove the bulbs, you dont turn or squeeze just pull the little fuckers straight out with your bare hands!

Haynes says the following:

Front sidelight removal
1. Remove the plastic cover from the rear of the headlight.
2. Pull the bulbholder and wiring connector out from the reflector.
3. Pull the wedge-type bulb out and remove it.
4. Refit in the reverse order of removal, and check the light for satisfactory operation.

:D