Anybody had their GT 130 re-mapped?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
viceroy
Getting There!

Post by viceroy »

I'd also highly rate the Revo remap.

That alone should get you in the region of 125kW
JBS AUTO DESIGNS
New

Post by JBS AUTO DESIGNS »

Hi
Yes Josh has Custom-Code on his Fabia.
The Fabia and the Polo share engines and platforms.
So the same remap would apply to the PD130 Polo.
Well that would be a super remap for a little car like the Polo.
We have had great results with Josh`s Fabia and the remap has just been made switchable too.
This means that it can be returned back to standard with the means of a lap top and VAG COM cable.
This means that there are no expensive switches to buy.
We have had Josh`s car on the Rolling Road with fantastic results and a super smooth torque curve.
If anyone wants to come and see our rolling road graphs we have got them in our reception area.
Or you can call me on 01246 455005.
The web site for Custom-Code is www.custom-code.co.uk
Sarah
Leonard
New

Post by Leonard »

Thanks Sarah I did speak to you the other day.

Sure I will be seeing you soon :)

Matt
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

I remapped my own GT130 on Friday last week, not bad going seeing as I only picked it up on Wednesday. Real fun to drive now especially with no TCS or ESP in place.
Brakes seem adequate enough but I think suspension will be changed out very soon. Already ordered intake parts from the Ibiza 160 just to see for myself if this really works?

Anyway seeing as I now have a Polo to play with for the next 12 months I will be on here fairly frequently. :D
Leonard
New

Post by Leonard »

RichardBW wrote:I remapped my own GT130 on Friday last week, not bad going seeing as I only picked it up on Wednesday. Real fun to drive now especially with no TCS or ESP in place.
Brakes seem adequate enough but I think suspension will be changed out very soon. Already ordered intake parts from the Ibiza 160 just to see for myself if this really works?

Anyway seeing as I now have a Polo to play with for the next 12 months I will be on here fairly frequently. :D
Nice one Richard keep us informed re. Ibiza intake.

Are you involved with Forge at all or just a fan?

Love their kit very nice, have a few bits on the weekend only Evo :-))

Matt :-)
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

Did I mention Forge somewhere? :wink:
I am actually one of the development guys for Forge in Gloucester. Dont worry though I am not hear to sell products, we have sales guys for that job.

Should be picking up the Ibiza bits on Wednesday.
Leonard
New

Post by Leonard »

Thats alright Richard you plug away as long as we get a healthy discount :) :wink:

Its not exactly the performance upgrade of the century but I would like a alloy cap for the brake master cylinder on my Evo 6 if you do such a thing?

Matt
:)
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

No idea on that one and I will forget to look by the time I get to work tomorrow. I very much doubt it but our place is a bit like alladins cave and you never know what turns up.
If you really want a cap then just email info@forgemotorsport.co.uk and the sales guys will sort you out as best as possible.

thanks,
Leonard
New

Post by Leonard »

Will do cheers Richard

Matt
RichardBW
Getting There!

Post by RichardBW »

oops I think we highjacked the thread a little. Sorry.
polo9n3
New

Post by polo9n3 »

hey, just wondering about what sort of 0-60 time your remapped 130s are. wanna remap my 130sport. although i wanna break the 200bhp barrier. i was thinking hybrid turbo, intercooler, injectors, clutch and then remap? how much do u think this will cost? ive got a few grand saved up not sure if i should jus go for clutch and remap first. leaving the reat for a lil while later?

Thanks

Hon
Leonard
New

Post by Leonard »

RichardBW wrote:oops I think we highjacked the thread a little. Sorry.
Sure thats ok it was my thread after all :D :wink:
JBS AUTO DESIGNS
New

Post by JBS AUTO DESIGNS »

I could not tell you what the 0-60times are but I can help you with the clutch.
Just beacause you are getting your car remapped does not mean that you need to have the clutch fitted at the same time.
The remap on the 130PD`s are so smooth you should not really have to replace the clutch at the same time.
The clutch could be worn out quicker depending on if that is what the driver wants to do.
Things like accelerating in high gears are something that could wear it out quicker.
Custom-Code is so smooth with no spikes so it will not damage the clutch or make it wear any quicker.
I would say get it remapped and try it as the power that this remap will give you on the Polo will make it a super car to drive.
Sarah