9N Cobra 3198 Alarm

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Dezmoand
New

9N Cobra 3198 Alarm

Post by Dezmoand »

Hello there,

I have been doing a bit of research into fitting an alarm into my polo 9n. I've decided upon the Cobra 3198 Alarm as it is fitted by the dealer as an accessory. However, since they plan to charge me 3 hours labour @ 110/hr I'm gonna try and fit it myself. I haven't yet bought the alarm yet, but have sourced alot of pdf's off the internet detailing 9N specific wiring for this alarm. As well as this, I've had a little root around the car and I think I am capable of taking on this job, apart from the fact that I am not sure where to mount the siren. The Cobra instructions state that the siren should be mounted on the passenger wheel housing. The wheel housing has two metal screw heads sticking out which I assume is where the siren should be mounted, but it seems that the wires coming out of the ECU and ABS unit make it either a very tight fit, or not possible at all.

Does anyone know if the siren does infact fit in this space? If not, where else can I fit it.. Also, how would I route the wires back into the passenger compartment?

Please help... :(