Is there any way to get rid of a 'protection' off an MP3?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Unfortunately not.. the only way to copy protected mp3's is to get a license for them and record the audio as it plays.. which ain't so useful if you can't get the license for it :lol:
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Hmm.

I had a problem working with Napster and iTunes. Napster downloaded stuff won't work in iTunes due the protection on the tracks.

Got round it by burning the tracks through Windows MediaPlayer, then copying them into iTunes.
polo69
Bronze Member

Post by polo69 »

If you actually could play it, you could have burned it to a cd, then ripped it back onto the computer, so you dont need to mess about with pins ever again.
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

That's DRM for ya.

I've posted about 1000 blog and forum entries b***h about DRM and how it's so stupid and all, so I won't do it here again.

Suffice to say that Apple, Microsoft, Intel and the music/movie industry are pushing hard for DRM adoption across the board. Soon all the media you PAID FOR, and therefore you OWN, will be like that.

Incidentally, you paid for that song but according to the music idustry you don't own the file - it's theirs!

Cool huh?
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

hang on, what? copy protection? that's NOT an mp3 mate... you're looking at some iTunes AAC or Microsoft WMA B.S. there

always if possible get them transcoded first out to a CD-audio and then into mp3 at the earliest opportunity

CDs - at least those burnt with current software and drives - will always be 100% readable 24/7 (so long as you don't scratch 'em!)

I love the record industry and all the crap they pull like this - maybe they're going to re-release it this year and try to pull in more donations? Can't help thinking such an otherwise clever ploy would backfire really, really hard.