Steering wheel

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

I managed to get hold of a nearly new S3 steering wheel (don't ask!), does anyone what sort of problems i'm going to have fitting it?
i haven't had a look yet cause its cold outside!
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

If the wheel will fit the rod (?) you're half way there, but I have no clue as to wheter or not it will, unfortunately...

I seriously doubt if you can get the airbag to work though. That S3 wheel will look trick on a Polo! 8)
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

some one with etka might be able to tell you (no i dont have etka but im interested in a copy)
whitie
New

Post by whitie »

mk4polo on porka is sellin it on 2 CDs for a 5er
welsh-polo
New

Post by welsh-polo »

I took out the air bag myself... workin blind with no knowledge of what i was doin and relyin simply on luck! all i did was disconnect the battery, undo the screws in the back of the air bag, lift the air bag clear of the steerin wheel and then you can get to the big bolt that hold ur wheel on... undo this and remove the steerin wheel. Once this is out of the way you can see the wires that connect to the airbag (theyre two very thin black jobs) disconnect them and there you go... no air bag steerin wheel! just remember to keep your head out of the way just in case. Mines been out now for 7 months and the warnin light doesnt come on or anything.