Yes......you guessed it Gearbox??

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
clees
Bronze Member

Yes......you guessed it Gearbox??

Post by clees »

Can anyone tell me why there has been so many problems with GTI 6n2 gearbox??

Is it a common fault ?

I think volkswagen should recall all of our cars and fit brand new state of the art gearboxes!! ha ha ha :lol: :P
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

It seems like every other person on the forum is having gearbox problems. Soo Annoying. Touch wood mines been ok.

I dont think theres any chance of a recall. Somebody sent a letter to vw its on here somewhere.
RICHARD HARPER
Bronze Member

Post by RICHARD HARPER »

If only they woud recall them.

They recalled them for pedal boxes. :?

Why not gearboxes ??

I guess it all comes down to how much it'd cost financially to do all that.

So i guess as has been said before, we'll have to get use to driving a nice car with a s**t gearbox :(
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Thats all that seems to be cropping up on the forum at the moment!

I hate VW for snubbing the Polo GTi about this, surely they realised a long time ago...
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

Yup. They've made all the money there going to make on these cars now, so they wont recall them unless its a safty issue.
RICHARD HARPER
Bronze Member

Post by RICHARD HARPER »

olop_chris wrote:Thats all that seems to be cropping up on the forum at the moment!

I hate VW for snubbing the Polo GTi about this, surely they realised a long time ago...
Course they've known about it, or they wouldn't have changed the lupo gti from 5 speed to 6 (The very first loops were 5 speed) :?

As the lupo gti uses the same Avy engine in the later 6n2 Gti's
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

RICHARD HARPER wrote:
olop_chris wrote:Thats all that seems to be cropping up on the forum at the moment!

Course they've known about it, or they wouldn't have changed the lupo gti from 5 speed to 6 (The very first loops were 5 speed) :?

Yeah i know that mate, Im just suspicious that they knew all along and tried to cut back on costs in the first place...hoping that it would last long enough for them not to have to be involved through warranties. Who knows ey!
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

RICHARD HARPER wrote:

The change on the lupo gti from the 5 to 6 speed box was unrelated to the failure of the polo gti boxes, there aren't any problems with the lupo gti 5 speeds and the 6 speed is simply the 5 with another cog (and lower ratios), they just added it to increase drivability and help justify the high price of the car. The lupo sport gearboxes seem to have exactly the same problem as the polo gti's though !