1.8 Turbo Mk4 Polo, Still Cool?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Speedlaw

1.8 Turbo Mk4 Polo, Still Cool?

Post by Speedlaw »

First the pics, then the story....

So is this car still cool if you know the story behind it? Apparantly, the guy farmed out everything done to this car, meaning engine, leather dash and seats, wheels, respray, the whole lot. Dad paid for everything. What's the use of modding a car when you do nothing yourself? Spoiled brat! What do you think?
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

credit where credit is due: thats a sweet car. But its technically his dads, on the flip face though half of modding a car is the insperation behind it and the cultivation of the finished product so id have to say that this polo falls into the same catagory as a car that someone buysready modded: its still cool but the owner has had a little prod with someone elses wallet. oh and lastly, on one hand, id rather see a show stopper than a shed, but also id rather see what he could do on his own, i think theres somthing in the bible along those lines (take cover) about some rich guy gave the church loads of money and then some begger gave 2p but the begger gave more cos it was everything she had.
no im not a bible basher and i cant remember the rest cos i think i fell asleep after that bit :P
ps i almost feel ashamed that im sad enough to know summat out of the bible

ps2`beauty is in the eye of the beholder' so i supose it all depends on what makes a cool car
[flame suit on]
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I agree, it is about as good as it gets, and it's tastefully done. I love the TT filler cap, the immaculate leather and polished C2's. I guess I'm just slightly jealous...

He did put together some 'holy grail' items together to make a show stopping car, but the fact he knows nothing about the technical side of things dissapoints me greatly.

Still a car to drool over....
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Hmmm

I like the car, and yes it is cool...

I don't know... There are some things you can do yourself, but a 20v Turbo transplant, leather interior etc is something I think is best left to the experts, unless you happen to be an amazing mechanic, auto electrician and leather stitcher!

I think it's fair enough... If his dad is rich enough to spend money on his kid like that, then good on him... There are loads of rich families about, you've got to have seen kids driving about in boxters/TT's etc... Just lucky I suppose.

It does annoy me a little* to see people driving nice cars when you know that it's just "daddy's money", and that we've all had to work to pay for our's... But would you turn it down if you were him?

*Annoyed = Jealous!

I've just read what I've written and it could sound like I'm having a go... I'm not... I just think there are some things that tuning shops etc should do, and there are some things you can do yourself.

I drive/clean/fuel my car, and that's about it... I can do bits and bobs to my car, but leave anything major to the experts... but I do know exactly what you mean about not having done anything...

Anyway, It's 2am and I'm knackered... I'm going to stop rambling now and go to bed!
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Well said.

I guess I wouldn't do a transplant or a respray myself just yet, but when asked how he managed to mount the engine in the bay, he was unable to utter anything sensible! That's when he gave himself away, but I guess I should stop caring... Wish I had a TT engine...

The transplant was done by a professional German tuner that (again, apparantly) asks around 6500 Pounds for it.

Recapping: I would have done the same if I was loaded with cash. My own cash, that is.

(End of jealous topic).

8)
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

Josh_PoloGTi wrote:
I drive/clean/fuel my car, ...
thats where were different innit josh :d (re the cleaning bit)
Col
Bronze Member

Post by Col »

I think it's one of the sweetest polo's about, well I would have went for a black interior!! :roll: I know that there are plenty of people who get parents to pay for it, but at the end of the day it's one cool looking motor!! 8)

Just wait till u see mine :wink:
Depresion
New

Post by Depresion »

I like it all apart from the very german interiour and I probably wouldn't have picked those wheels (some nice 16" dished BBS splits would have been my choice) I can't say I do a lot of work to my car I'm just no good at it and wouldnt want to make a mess that will just cost more to get fixed.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

ok i just came in here again to have a look and somthing struck me
Image the guy in the light shorts likes it i think :wink:
Depresion
New

Post by Depresion »

Yes nice arn't they one of the best bits.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

no i ment the way hes "scratching" his leg

btw do you thin watching bevis and buttheat can have an adverse effect on people :? :?:
whitie
New

Post by whitie »

well i love it, shame he didnt do more himself

is that a custom inlet manifold???dont the STD 1 fit?
and that zorst is a bit poo aint it?
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Yeah that inlet manifold looks weird. Isn't it usually the other way around?
whitie
New

Post by whitie »

wot, u mean the air entering from the opposite side?
or other side of the engine, cos its on the correct side, its just well round, and not
square like the original
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I though the air usually enters from the left, but I could be wrong.
:?: