The careful tyres fitting in Sheffield??

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

The careful tyres fitting in Sheffield??

Post by chunkychimpanzee »

Hi everyone,

This may sounds a bit odd..... I am currently looking for a place in Sheffield where can replace my tyres and balanced them without damaging my alloys. Due to the previous garage who fitted my alloys has been damaged my old alloys... In that case, I am trying to look for someone in Sheffield who can replace my tyres without damaging my alloys. Does any one know who can do a good job of that in Sheffield?

Many thanks for your help and advice... Cheers
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Hmm, tricky one!

I've found Kwik Fit in Hillsbro are pretty good at what they do, but I can't recommend enough having a trip out to the peak district (Buxton) to get to Selectatyre.

They are super-super careful and have changed tyres on my GTi RX2's and Porsche alloys with no problems.

www.selectatyre.co.uk - Select the Buxton branch (I've not used any of their other branches).
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

Thank you, Josh. I may try the Buxton one then. Because I had a really bad experience with Kwik fit before. I sweared I would never ever go back to them again.. It was a nightmare. :x
chunkychimpanzee
Bronze Member

I took my car to the tyre place in Sheffield town few days ago. They have done a really really crappy job to it. I have to say I am really regret for taking it to them. They have scratched and made a few damaged on the inside of my alloys. I think that was happened when they replace the balance thingy.

Well, I would never ever take to them anymore. It called Tarzan's Tyres, people. Be aware!!!! :evil: