Fake minitures.....

A place to discuss Photography and Photoshop, show off your skills and have the odd competition!
waveydavey
Sponsor

Fake minitures.....

Post by waveydavey »

Was talking to someone a few days ago about the fake minitures pictures that you can create using photoshop and so had an evening of creating "miniture" photos and here are some of the results.....

Cheers

Dave.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

The second and third pictures came out quite well.

Is it just adding blur to non-key areas to replicate a telescopic view on a smaller object?
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

tahts wicked. i didnt read the top of the post properly and if i ahdnt read ti anagin i wouldve thought most of them were actualy mniatures!

For some reason the VRS engine bay does look completely model like, byut maybe thats because everything in theres plastic.... lol :roll:

Really kool effect dude im coining this one for future photoshop projects.
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

First time i've seen this technique - really works well with buildings and landscapes.
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

looks quite realistic on some of photos :)
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

It's a case of applying a graduated filter over the picture..... The filter graduating to nothing across the section of picture you want in focus. You then make the filter use lens blur..... Which then makes the image look like it's a close up of a miniture and the camera can only focus on a small section of it.

Here's a link to a tutorial.... It's not the one i used but it gives the same info.......

http://ralph.fm/2007/02/15/how-to-creat ... photoshop/

My personal favourites are the ice hockey, Ladybower dam outlet & Waverley station..... Although i do like the CTR interior.... It could just be a 1:18 model!!!!!

Cheers

Dave.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

that is soooooo cool! i really like the train station one and the interior of the CTR :D