Panel Filter

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
chewy
Platinum Member

Panel Filter

Post by chewy »

Just got a K&N panel filter form my 9N but where is the air box and how do I get to it, all I see is one big engine cover? :? cheers
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

it's on the RHS of the engine bay as you look at it. just behind the battery.
david burton

Post by david burton »

p.s. to remove the cover requires 2 screws being removed on the RHS of the cover. then the cover hooks into 2 locators on the LHS.

simply pull off the cover, then replace filter!
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

Cheers David
Hamish
Bronze Member

Post by Hamish »

Dave. I think that you are talking about the desiel version, which actually has a specfic air box i believe.

On petrol models. The air box is built into the engine cover.

To get to it, just pull the engine cover off, its located on 4 posts. Turn it over and undo the self tappers. Remove the cover and change the filter. Fitting is the reverse of removal
david burton

Post by david burton »

that is true!
V800DUB
New

Airbox

Post by V800DUB »

By the way sorry to hi jack this thread :oops: , but its a fairly relevant topic to the thread. Here goes.. if you buy an actual induction kit you have to leave the engine cover off am i correct? Does this cause any damage to the engine and all corresponding parts seen as it no longer has any protection or is the engine cover purely for aesthetics?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hamish wrote:Dave. I think that you are talking about the desiel version, which actually has a specfic air box i believe.
On petrol models. The air box is built into the engine cover.
To get to it, just pull the engine cover off, its located on 4 posts. Turn it over and undo the self tappers. Remove the cover and change the filter. Fitting is the reverse of removal
Maybe also need to remove one or two push-on hoses.
david burton

Re: Airbox

Post by david burton »

V800DUB wrote:By the way sorry to hi jack this thread :oops: , but its a fairly relevant topic to the thread. Here goes.. if you buy an actual induction kit you have to leave the engine cover off am i correct? Does this cause any damage to the engine and all corresponding parts seen as it no longer has any protection or is the engine cover purely for aesthetics?
purely for looks and engine noise reduction
chewy
Platinum Member

Post by chewy »

What will fitting the filter do, people have told me I will loose power is this true? cheers
steve__30
Getting There!

Post by steve__30 »

fittin a 57i induction kit will lose power because it sucks hot air in straight from the engine, if you use a panel filter which goes inside the original air box then u shud gain 1 or 2 hp, which it hardly anythin,i got a bmc panel filter befor and it was completly the wrong size :) just to let you know :)
gary87
Getting There!

Post by gary87 »

My Jetex panel filter added 3bhp to standard hp as I found out much to my surprise before I got my remap. Induction kits are a waste of time, it's sucking in warm engine air. panel filter is the job.