Closed GB - 9n3 Honeycombe grill sets (Mega update)

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
flyfs6
Silver Member

Closed GB - 9n3 Honeycombe grill sets (Mega update)

Post by flyfs6 »

They're on their way...I expect to get them in 7 working days (posted on 2/9)

Group buy following the feeler on Honeycombe lower grills. Adam on VW Watercooled Australia has sucessfully organised a group buy for them from this Chinese supplier.

Since Adam has already lead one, and none of us understand Chinese. He is communicating on our behalf (thanks Adam). I'm collecting and sending the payments myself to the supplier. I will also be dispatching them to the buyers once they arrive in the UK. I expect the lead time to be 2 weeks from the day I send the payment (3-5 days for the money to clear and 5 days for delivery).

UK delivered cost price is £86.75, if you want to pay by paypal the price is £90. If collecting from Gants Hill/London deduct £10. I will PM everyone about where to send the money to. I must receive payments by Thursday 12pm. I expect to get the payment sent off Thursday afternoon. Soonest I have the payments the better, I can get the payment sent off sooner = quicker delivery to us.

If paying by bank transfer from a non HSBC account, your payments must leave by Monday during banking hours (HSBC/first direct payments are instant). Pay in any HSBC branch or by paypal.

gti-joe
charlievwp
flyfs6
daa709
Jeff gti
ice168
Grapo
GTi_dan
bucko
frederik1
M@Turner

Awaiting payment
Payment sent
Payment received

These will remain very exclusive as there's no other way to get hold of them yet.
Last edited by flyfs6 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:42 am, edited 17 times in total.
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Awesome. PM me with details and you'll get your cashola 8)
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Re: Live GB - 9n3 Honeycombe grill sets

Post by gti-joe »

flyfs6 wrote: gti-joe
charlievwp
flyfs6
daa709
jeff gti
ice168
Grapo
GTi_dan
bucko
frederik1

Awaiting payment
Payment sent
Payment received
GTi_dan
Bronze Member

Post by GTi_dan »

Payment Sent via Paypal.

flyfs6, Thanks for your time and effort with this! :D
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

Nearly time yet, waiting on two more payments to arrive and a confirmation from China.
Grapo
Bronze Member

Post by Grapo »

Any updates?!

Also when we fit the grills, does anyone know whether we need to remove the front bumper?
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

I'm talking to Adam as I type this. No updates as of yet, due to late payments & no invoice I was unable to send the payment.

I'm just waiting on the invoice & expect to send the money over on Monday. I then expect them to dispatch these before the weekend.
charlievwp
Gold Member

Post by charlievwp »

Thanks for keeping us updated and for all your work on this. 8)
Have you received the final 2 payments now then?
GTi_dan
Bronze Member

Post by GTi_dan »

Thanks for the update. 8)

Grapo,
I was reading the threads some time ago from the other forums GB. I've got a feeling that the front bumper needs to be removed in order to fit the centre section... Which is a bit of a pain.

Anyone removed their frount bumper before or know someone who has for more info... eg: where all fixings are etc ?

Dan
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

I've received one of them. The time difference doesn't help. Last few days have been really hectic, will reply to pm's now. Writing from an iphone so pls bear with me. LOL :-)
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

flyf, you got my payment yet? :wink:
charlievwp
Gold Member

Post by charlievwp »

daa709 wrote:flyf, you got my payment yet? :wink:
According to the list at the top of this page - yes
flyfs6
Silver Member

Update 14/07

Post by flyfs6 »

Just to let you know I've received a reply and the money gets sent off tommorrow. Thank you very much to Adam for his assistance.
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Can't wait!

Will complete the look ;)
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

Neither can I. Payment instructions sent today, just awaiting confirmation from both ends :D

Regarding fitting I too think the bumper comes off, because the middle grill is a bit difficult to remove without. I should be able to shed some light on this whenever I collect my car from forge. I've asked them to leave the middle grill out.

Removing the front bumper isn't that hard. There should be a diy guide either in the Mk6 or diy section.