Idle Problem? read this.

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Idle Problem? read this.

Post by racerjonzo »

hey as ive been on here ive heard tht theres been a good few polos tht have idling problems, just thought id add to the things to do to try stop this... i recently got really annoyed by it so i clean the distributor and cleaned the plugs, and also which i found was the breather for the airfilter was clogged with gunge (similar to head gasket gunge) i therefore cleaned this aswell and now the polo idles perfectly, nice and smooth, just thought id share tht if it helps even a few people out :)
hope its some help lol :)

JonDo
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

I'll try the breather pipe!

As everyone knows i've practically replaced everything associated with the issue! Changed the Temp Sender 3 weeks ago and its slightly worse then the original one. So now all I have left is the idle control valve to change. A new one costs about £300 si i'm on the look out for a scrappy.
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

lol yea ive read somewhere you basicly ried everything... hope this works... it help mine idle, and it stayed at peace, better then when i even bought it, but yea good luck with this and tell me f it works, would love to kno :) and if it dont then good luck with the search NOZ :)

JonDo
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

NOZ wrote:I'll try the breather pipe!

As everyone knows i've practically replaced everything associated with the issue! Changed the Temp Sender 3 weeks ago and its slightly worse then the original one. So now all I have left is the idle control valve to change. A new one costs about £300 si i'm on the look out for a scrappy.
GSF lists them for £76 - bit more reasonable! www.gsfcarparts.com - very useful people :)
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

They didn't have the AFH one, which comes at a hefty price anyway they said :(
xxgem6n2xx
New

Re: Idle Problem? read this.

Post by xxgem6n2xx »

Hey guys, ive got a w reg gti and it was idling really badly-up and down everywhere and seemed to be struggling alot.
I read this post last night and thought i'd try it to see if it made any improvements....couldn't be better!! I took the breather pipe off the air filter and took the airbox off. The pipe that runs along the top inside the airbox was full of gunge and oil so i cleanded it all out and put a new air filter in it. Its running so much better already!Thanks :D
AshLeMacq
Bronze Member

Re: Idle Problem? read this.

Post by AshLeMacq »

My 6n2 was a nightmare for idling. From what I recall any number of things case it. I just began to ignore mine, it only stopped when I had a new exhaust, temp sensor, and lamda so it was probably one of those!