detailing advice??

Detailing & Bodywork
sniblett15
Getting There!

detailing advice??

Post by sniblett15 »

hello everybody :lol: just looking for some help if possible

recently i gave the polo a good going over with clay kit from meguiars but theres still ingrained dirt in the paint work and i cant get rid of it for the life of me and was wondering wheather to use cutting compounds or harsher clay and thought if anybody had any recommendations?

also doing the mrs's punto when it eventually dry's out (if) :roll:
that's gonna need a proper job as i dont think its ever been done properly before so some serious paint cleaning is in need ( 10 year old car :shock: ) whats everybody use for a complete wash, clay and wax?

cheers in advance
92 rocks
Bronze Member

Post by 92 rocks »

look at detailing world mate, alternatively if its just paint correction you want find someone with either a PC or a megs 220 to go over it, do you have any pics of the 'damaged areas'?
sniblett15
Getting There!

Post by sniblett15 »

92 rocks wrote:look at detailing world mate, alternatively if its just paint correction you want find someone with either a PC or a megs 220 to go over it, do you have any pics of the 'damaged areas'?
unfortunatly i dont mate sorry, its similar to the 'pitting' of dirt you get before you clay only larger, not massive enough to get on camera but big enough to notice when up close, almost as if theres a lil hole in the paintwork?? :? i've got a rand orbit with mops so you reckon a going over might help?

thanks in advance mate
92 rocks
Bronze Member

Post by 92 rocks »

not if its a hole in the paint no...sounds a bit like a 'fish eye' int paint whereby its been painted in the past and there's been some silicone on the panel or in the air when painted. If its a hole and you nop down on it be careful it's easy to burn the paint and then its repaint time im afraid, if youre swift with wet sanding you could try it before putting a rotary over it. Alternatively if its a raised mark id be surprised if clay wont have it away, try a spot of white spirit it could be a paint splash from a decorator or similar?