My cupra (new IHI monster pg3 & dyno vid pg10)

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

shantybeater wrote:when was this? definately wasnt mine...but there are a fair few blue cupras with leon cupra REPLICA rims out there..
:lol:

na you know i love your car like i love you james! just hurry up get a job so you can look after it and go big turbo so you can keep up with me
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

Well its been a while since I last did an update, Spent the whole day cleaning her, concentrated on getting interior back on form really

- Rinse
- Autoglym poo
- Rinse
- Shammy
- Poo & rinse wheels/brakes
- dampen interior, door shuts etc.. & dry
- Hoovered interior
- Vax'd seats properly - took ages!
- leather treated
- added interior shine
- Polished exhaust & Shiny bits in engine bay..

Think thats about it... I also managed to remove the tree sap & finally removed the ibiza badge which i never really liked the look of..

I'm putting her up on Pistonheads to see what interest I get..if she goes i'll be opening a savings account to save for a new beast & will buy a s**t heap in the mean time..if she doesnt sell i'll probably keep her and spend some serious cash on Big turbo etc... I really want to keep it up but know any money i spend I wont be seeing again... so bit stuck really..had so much fun over the weekend on some back country roads with a TVR... im totally stuck with what to do
neale
Bronze Member

Post by neale »

Looks lovely matey......hence why i tried t snap her up before you last year!! you hav done a top job goin by th latest pics!!

YOUR SELLING UP!!......noway never seen that 1 comin tbh....you will get s**t loads o interest anythin planned ater th run-around?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

cheers mate 8)

not sure yet really, i've had a bit of interest already...so will se what happens with it...i'm not really sure I want to sell up but if the right offer comes along it will be gone...I'm just at a point where I either spend loads on it(Big turbo) & accept it wont be seen again or let it go & buy something a bit more 'practical'....cant believe i'm actually saying that though :?

Here's the link :( http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/706782.htm

how you finding your cupra? I will 100% miss it if it does go...do love it alot!

As for the new car, i was thinking mk4 r32 & eventually Turbo but the silly taxing & the fact they are considerably slower than the cupra in standard form has put me off..

looking at:
- M Z roadster (z3 variant)
- M5 e39
- something silly e.g. Evo 6 extreme, r33 GTR, Supra etc...
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Looking very nice James, good work mate.

Would be a shame to see it go, but at the end of the day it will always be an Ibiza, and the cars you have in mind for the future sound very nice!

One of the main reasons I'm not spending a stupid amount on tuning my engine is one of the facts you mentioned about the r32. I don't want to feel dissapointed when i eventually buy a mk4 r32 lol. Although I would never get bored of the sound after Tom gave me a spin in his beast!

Best of luck in whatever you do really mate!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I know exactly how your are feeling mate. I'm actually stuck in a similar position.

This year will either see some big changes in the polo (which like you said will never see back), or will see it gone and move onwards and upwards. All depends on my finances over the next few months.
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

cheers you two, having real difficulties on choosing what to do..meanwhile the offers seem to be coming in gradually....

chris - they do sound & look stunning & off the mark they are quick but what bothers me is the power when rolling, ive played with a few & managed to get rid of them very easily...i wouldnt be suprised if your cupra would beat one from 20 upwards...i'm still tempted though, especially by the mk4..there are so many good points to the car and the idea of an eventual power boost

tim - your cars really stepped up a level, i'd keep it & do something about that 1.6! lol but its soo hard to do one or the other...
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

at the end of the day this car obsession we all have is a hobby and we spend the money because we enjoy the results and love the car to look that little bit different to everyone elses, you may not see the money again but that doesn;t mean its a waste!!! imagine the smile 300+ bhp would put on you face!!!!

but i do hear were your coming from as you've had the cupra for a year and it is an awesome car but sometimes you just have to move on, r32 is a good road to go down but having owned a 253bhp cupra im not sure you'll have it long before you want to turbo or dare i say twin turbo it!

imo keep the cupra as its an absolutely mint example and the extra money you'd spend to be dissapointed by a standard r32 could be well spent on serious cupra upgrades!!

but hey at the end of the day its your decision and having said that i alreayd knew i wanted an r32 as my next project even before i bought my ibiza and having been in and heard my friends one with straight through exhausts i imagine you'd be ok!!!

as i said with cars like these your always going to loose money thats waht they are money pits a hobby! but hey its worth it!!!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

As much as it pains me to say this...it was sold to the first person who viewed it last night....as for whats next? watch this space..I'm currently pootling around in a 1.2 mk6 polo in sunshine blue! :lol: i'll get some pics up as I imagine people will be desperate to see the beast!

stani - i totally agree, but the cupra wasnt my work..it was pretty much a finished car & a brilliant one at that...so now i'm either getting something poserish to keep fairly oem or an extreme project..we shall see!
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

mk4 R32 twin turbo 550bhp you know you want to
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Aw not suprised someone snapped it up that quick, stani...you're my new cupra friend from now on haha.

Hope you enjoy your next project though, i'm not one to talk because i change my cars as often as i have showers!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

well it might be another cupra ;) or a z3m or stani hit the nail on the head....one of the three lol
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

stay vag!!! bmw's are ridiculous to service!!!

id say get the golf because your not gunna get another cupra as nice or as quick as yours unless you get a ko4 or IHI'd one

or if yourfeeling confident get a serious project on the go id like to see somebody put the new 2.0l turbo in the ibiza as an engine its amazing the new tt 2.0l is awesome to drive!!

The cupra group on here is fading away!!!

its a shame really as people over on cupra.net just arent the same! advise always comes with a SEARCH demand and its just unhelpful!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Ah congrats James, how much did you see it go for in the end? Bet it would've been sad to see that one go, but onwards and upwards!

Don't get the Beemer, stay vag. 1.8T Polo doesn't tickle your fancy? :wink:
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

1.8t polo - depends what my situation is when tomo sells his! lol

gonna go view a mk4 r32 tomorrow..

PM'd tim, the mk6 has 2 owners..41k on the clock, FSH with camchain change..completely standard...should sell for 3k easy..

its so slow its funny though...1.2 12v 3 cylinder engine....theres no replacement for displacement!! what an animal! its going to take time to adjust :lol:
Last edited by shantybeater on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.