My Mk3 Cupra Thread

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

right have scrapped my idea of putting an aftermarket head unit in for now anyway and am going to amp up all my speakers instead!

am going to ty and fabricate somemounts for my olf 16.5cm coaxial speakers to have them as a decent set of rears and install some componets in the front watch this space doubt will have my amp by this weekend as i havn decided which one i want yet but will get all the cables in so i can fit it as soon as it comes

watch this space
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

yeah i plan on doing the same, its just not worth cutting the dash apart for...i might consider it later on as my old one looked quite good with the alpine headunit but its a bit lame having to do it

Did you fit the tip? or you still avoiding it? lol
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

stil avoiding it!!
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

shantybeater wrote:yeah i plan on doing the same, its just not worth cutting the dash apart for...i might consider it later on as my old one looked quite good with the alpine headunit but its a bit lame having to do it

Did you fit the tip? or you still avoiding it? lol
you should have kept your old face plate!!!

should eb good if i can get a set of 16.5cm speakers in where the rear 6"x4"'s are! will improve the sound alot! im not into massive bass so should be a good alternative giving decent sound in the back!

im not great with knowledge of audio but im pretty good at wiring and fabrication so should be a good result.

will make up some templates and maybe even some mounts at the weekend for the rears will let you all know if it works!
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

weekend went well, i have been doing it properly so labelling up all wires twice etc so i know what oges where naturally took twice aslong but will be a good job!!

got the rca converters in and speker wire in and all hidden in fron and down side its currently residing in the passenger footwell as ran out of time!

still got to wire in the power cable, rem is wired in just not wired to the boot yet that will be going down the passgener side with the power cable to reduce interferance so will be doing that probably next weekend!

as for the speaker adaption i have made cardboard templates and am going to fiddle with them this week but im confident they will fit so 16.5cm speakers will be bit better than 6"x4"!!!!

only thing i need now is an amp think im going to go for inifinity 475a or somehting like that looks like a good unit! or may go for fli loaded 900 am unsure!

anyway figure out what my next mod will be getting it lowered!!!

will post pics of why later!
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

still yet to fit the tip sat in a box at home! looks like it may get done over xmas period when im off for a bit!

The amp has now come and i have got all the cables wired in to the boot and hidden away bar the power cable may do it next weekend.

decided i couldn fit 16.5 cm speakers in the rear and am going to have a go with 13cm ones instead the 6x4 are just rubbish!

Been looking into coilovers and a cold air intake to get the cone down in the wing so think i could be purchasing those after xmas!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

coilies are a great shout, is it not lowered already? looks lower than standard
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

it is lowered about 30 at front and 20 ish at back on bilstein dampers and eibach springs, a great setup to be fair but just needs to be lower massive arch gap at the back
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

stani540 wrote:havn't sorted my running issues but think the culprit is a loose baffle in my cnetre box probably a cracked weld :(
my milltek has started making a loud raatling noise now so going to get myself a blueflame turbo back then fix my milltek and sell it on!

and a quick chop of it lowered

Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Get it down mate!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

Ooo I like that, might go out and get winding and be as impractical as the polo for a while hehe
stani540
Gold Member

Re: My Mk3 Cupra Thread

Post by stani540 »

decided im going to get the engine bay cleaned up and paint the rocker cover etc! think im going to go for a balck and blue theme, with blue hoses and gloss black bits eg chrage pipe etc.

what do you recon any other suggestions for color??

got busy on myrear speaker adapters today so now i can fit 13cm speakers in the oem position! speakers are on there way and i will put them in next week.

really pleased how the speaker adapters have turned out will upload some pictures later, they just need painting
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

here are some pics of my rear speaker adapters i fabricated today, meaning i can use a 15cm speaker in the oem position.

Really pleased how they turned out just waiting on my speakers to be delivered before i fit them into the car.

I havn't had chance to cover them yet but will do it sometime and get some pics to show you, but for now here are pics of them.

What do you think?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

looks good, get some piccys up when its all fitted!! I agree on the engine bay, a while ago i decided black & polished bits will look best as i thought my old bay almost had too much silver..and it would be a damn sight easier to keep clean....polished/chromed inlet ftw though
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

i dont know whether to polish the charge pipe though may polish my new one when it comes and get the other one coated and see which i prefer!

Just going to do the rocker cover black though.

Speakers are on the way should be here soon i hope then get my ar5e in gear and get my amp and all the other bits fitted i have been putting off