Camcorder Problem - Please help!

A place to discuss Photography and Photoshop, show off your skills and have the odd competition!
charlievwp
Gold Member

Camcorder Problem - Please help!

Post by charlievwp »

Hey all,
Recently bought a camcorder and after the 1st recording, have hit a problem already.
There are a couple of red dots which become more prominent when I zoom in.
One of them is bigger and brighter than the other and is located just off centre of the lcd screen, and as I zoom, glides towards the bottom right corner of the screen out of sight.
I've noticed they are more obvious is low light recording.
The pixels appear to dance about when I zoom in too.
The manual suggests that it is normal and will not appear on the recorded image - but it does and can't be ignored :evil:

JVC are being incredibly unhelpful so just wanted to know if anyone works in the industry maybe and have any ideas if it's something I can sort myself to save time and hassle? It is under warranty but only with the supplier who is based miles away up north.

Sorry for the long-winded post, just wanted to get all the info in! Can anybody help?!

It's a JVC Everio GZ-MG275 http://www.digitalrev.com/en/jvc-everio ... -2382.html
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Camcorder Problem - Please help!

Post by Tim_GTi »

The red dots sound like a inperfection in the lens, (or maybe chip, probably not though as it disapears when you zoom), that's something JVC should definitely resolve.

Dancing Pixels - is digital zoom turned on?