The UK-P South East Meet 2009

Organise Meetings and Events!
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Re: The UK-P South East Meet 2009

Post by ModifiedMadness »

lol sorry Doug, was becuase you were in the Vento. I completely forgot!

Did sound good in the car park yeah, but the tunnel is on another level :twisted:

You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should :lol:
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

Haha good use of the quote! :lol:

At least i was sideways :P
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

Well hopfully will get 2 meet everyone at some of the bigger shows this year!

Would have liked 2 heard the r32 go thought the dartford tunnel if who ever it was was going back that way!
we did think off doing it on the way back but we had a girly in the back who would have pooped herself, the m3 does sound evil though there!
Does make you wonder why we spend so much money modifing polo's (8k 20v conversions :cry: ) when for 10k your can buy a e46 m3!
Having said that ill never sell my polo! 8)
charlievwp
Gold Member

Post by charlievwp »

ModifiedMadness wrote:all who no longer have Polo's, with the exception of Simon
Ah-hem cough cough :(
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

With the exception of Simon, Doug and Charlie...

I had a girl next to me and she loved the tunnel.
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

bbspolo wrote:Well hopfully will get 2 meet everyone at some of the bigger shows this year!

Would have liked 2 heard the r32 go thought the dartford tunnel if who ever it was was going back that way!
we did think off doing it on the way back but we had a girly in the back who would have pooped herself, the m3 does sound evil though there!
Does make you wonder why we spend so much money modifing polo's (8k 20v conversions :cry: ) when for 10k your can buy a e46 m3!
Having said that ill never sell my polo! 8)
Because what's better than watching a polo make a 40k new Beemer look like it's going backwards! Haha
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

shantybeater wrote:
Because what's better than watching a polo make a 40k new Beemer look like it's going backwards! Haha
haha, exactly!
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

I would have liked 2 see it but sadly i dont think it would have happened!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

bbspolo wrote:I would have liked 2 see it but sadly i dont think it would have happened!
lol said like a true m3 owner, and exactly why every time it happens the look of shock is so priceless!..
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

Hahah think u got the wrong end of the stick mate the m3 wasnt mine i just came in it!
Sadly i would love 2 slate it as (its a mates car and all that!) however for 10k you cant buy a better car for all dissaplins!
In fact for £20k you couldnt buy a better allrounder!

In fact just reread what it put and i did say it was mine dint i! lol what i ment was it was what i came in!

Still wouldnt sell my gti for one though, if i had the space for another car however i would consider getting one for a everyday car!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

yeah no doubt its good value for money for what it is, never said it wasnt, i was just justifying one of the main reasons why people spend near enough the price of an m3 on a 20vt polo !
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

O yer for sure! however say a 250-300hp polo against a nearly 400hp m3 (just a remap and exhaust will get you this!)
the polos suspention is rearly a very basic design and even with good coilovers, rear arb (cheep easy mods) a polo will not destroy a e46 m3 though the lanes (may keep up, or be slightly quicker depending on how brave the driver is! lol) But if the m3 has had the same sort of mods done 2 its suspention (as the gold/yellow one has!) its bye bye polo!!! lol
And top speed kind of thing weight rearly makes no difference (think 2 ton ranger rover sport 300odd bhpand whats there top speed??) so dont expect 2 be doing 160-170 in a 300hp polo as it wont happen! The m3 however will do 170pluss (i know 8) ) plus there is the fact of how well both cars will deal with speed? Ive had 140-145 in my polo and my god it felt like it was about 2 break up!!!!! However the m3 sits at 140 and it feels like you doing 80-90 (hell on the way 2 autosport a few weeks back we were doing 130-140 most the way there (south london 2 brummy land in just over an hour!!!!) and at certain points when it was clear in 6th at 130 you could put your foot down and be pushed back into you seat as it went up 2 160-170 like most fast cars excelarate from 30-60!!

Now dont get me wrong im a polo guy though and though (like i have said many times i will NEVER sell my one!) and my aim at the moment is just 2 get it 2 m3 allround kinda level (but im expecting 2 pay 10-15k by the time mine is finnished, with doing most the work myself!) so im not try 2 say people are mugs for tunning polos, if they are what you are into then do it But if u just want a fast, comfie fantastic all round car E46 M3 is the way forward!
If u wanna polo that can go out imparising m3 then get saving! lol
Shanty beater- i take it u have a 20v polo?? if u wanna see what i mean (or wanna prove me wrong?) then let me know my mate is allways up for a little drive?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

so a 60 hp jump from a remap & an exhaust? really? what i heard the s50 engines barely give 20hp from a map, cant see the s54 giving such a massive jump.. is your pal going to spring fest? i'll be happy to race him up the strip ;)
bbspolo
Gold Member

Post by bbspolo »

no dont think we will be going (have somewhat given up on polo meets 2 be honnest!)
i know it made 30 more after a remap (tested on rollers) then another 25-35 is easly had with a good induction system (the yellow one has a group m) full exhaust system, de-cats, with manifolds!
Having said that after those mods you are somewhat limited if u want 2 take them any further!
You can supercharge them or turbo them but in my eyes they are one of the best 6 pot n/a motors (well one one of the best 6pot motors n/a or charged) in a production car! so making them forced induction just takes away from that fact!
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Spring fest isn't a Polo meet it's a VW show.

I'll be there but I'm not racing you James :lol: