Tahrey's Mk3

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Tahrey's Mk3

Post by Tahrey1043 »

..in the words of the beastie boys.

I'm just trying out image shack here. Turns out these are the most recent photographs (not really that keen on how the painting is turning out right now anyway) though I could have sworn there were a couple from this month. Anyway it was january hence the snow.

The files are hopefully within the 7" size limit but i've had to let the kilobytes climb up a little bit because of how nasty the jpg compression made it all look at under 30k... they're mostly between 32 and 48 instead. (Not exactly huge - a max of 10 secs per pic on 56k)

My esteemed ladies and gentlemen may I present to you a marvellous example of german engineering, an enclosed carriage to carry four or five grown persons and their baggage in warmth and comfort safe from the elements, without need of harnessed animal power, instead containing an "internal combustion" engine burning refined oils. Able to travel all day at twice the pace set by any racehorse without need of rest or watering, and capable of covering almost the entire length of the country on a single charge of the 10 gallon fuel tank, with minimal noise or smell and in utmost safety. Total weight 1800 pounds, manufactured of fine pressed steel in a practical yet eye pleasing shape and finished in an attractive and hard wearing coat of blue enamel paint. Cost on purchasing 6 pounds and 50 guineas, 8d 4f. :lol:

The "brochure shot" in the sweet early evening twilight, with lens flare off the streetlamps, aggressive-look foglights and roofrack, and some pauper's jalopy in the background :D

One of the only half decent side shots I've ever had!

Another brochure image to show the car's hardwaring, mud plugging nature (didn't you know the Polo was designed as a 4x4 offroader? :lol:)

Bit wobbly... check out that butt, and that load bay :)

Hitch-hikers! (sans Buggy the VW beanie baby "scarab" bug)

A couple of somewhat undignified photographs for which I have bumped the compression right up... In honour of Megatokyo I have entitled them "Happy Polo in the Snow" parts 1 and 2.

And finally, an early attempt at lowering.......... by way of loading up approx 500 Thompson local business directories. Don't try this at home kids.

(Darn it, can't find my ricetastic phakeoshop pic that i made waybackwhen... with the 22 inch gold rims, delocked doors etc :lol: waaaay over the top but lookin good)

details should anyone be interested: 1991, 86c / "Mk3" (mk2 facelift), CL spec, 1043cc Spi, 4 speed, something that passes for "marine blue", aftermarket fogs (not "properly" wired yet but work), Sony 5120 rad/cass stereo, homemade ghetto spec stealth shelf, 2 careless lady owners (and a more careless male), cuddly toy, food processor, all mod cons :D