Who are you using for insurance?

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
tegwin
Gold Member

Who are you using for insurance?

Post by tegwin »

Currently got a mk3 Polo GTI... Insured with direct line....

Toying with the idea of getting a Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 20VT... DirectLine wont quote me on their website....

Im 20, 1Yr NCB....A* area.... Anyone got any suggestions of insurance companies who dont want more than the car is worth? :D
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: Who are you using for insurance?

Post by shantybeater »

green light ....greenlight....and greenlight...thats the only number you will need....(although i think you need to do it online & they phone you back)

-Phoned up when i was 22 with 1 years no claims for my 253bhp k03s cupra with all the trimmings : £980, EVERYWHERE else £2k +
-Phoned up for my 330bhp IHI VF34 powerhouse Cupra last September (24) with 2 years no claims: £789

Both cars have pages & pages of mods that I declared..

MAKE sure you mention you are an online clubmember on Seatcupra.net as they give a % discount

Tbh though it wont be easy to get a really cheap quote at your age with only 1 years ncb, let me know if you get any better quotes so I can ring them up..but personally if greenlight dont give you a good quote i'd just give up!lol

and good choice btw, absolutely love the mk3 cupra, its a great car with an even greater engine :)
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

I swapped my mk5 polo 1.4 8v for a mk3 cupra when i was 19 and never looked back im also 20 now with 0 ncb and i have been quoted 1.5k jus using confused.com etc, you years ncb should help you but i cant see it being a huge step up from what your paying on the gti for so much more car!

best decision i ever made, mines revo'd to roughly 200bhp and it still destroys alot of cars out there, one being the civic type r :D

look to get one thats already got a remap on it as you will be wanting it!

Id do as james says and get on to greenlight
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

Hmmm... Greenlight have made me very happy... its cheaper to insure than the GTI... Although I do need to be 20 with 1 years NCB.... Wont happen until June and September respectivley :(
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

good stuff you can pick up some great cupra bargains now keep us posted on what you decide to do!

oh and what did they quote you????
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

was about 1300.... which is what I paid this year for my GTI....

Need to find a cupra to have a drive in..... Anyone in the Malvern/Worcester area with one who wants to show it off? :mrgreen: