BMC CDA fitting tips for a newbie????

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
jacko_b_23
New

BMC CDA fitting tips for a newbie????

Post by jacko_b_23 »

Hi bit of a newbie on here..still..got my 2000 polo gti at the weekend and have a BMC CDA waiting for me when i get back home :D

just wondering if theres anything i need to know before i go hacking away lol u know how instruction manuals are! any fitting tips etc...

cheers

Jacko
Kam Racing
Bronze Member

Re: BMC CDA fitting tips for a newbie????

Post by Kam Racing »

you'll need a sharp blade like a stanley knife to cut down the 90 degree silicon hose slightly. If you don't the cda will get in the way of the bonnet shutting or at least thats what I found when doing mine.

you can see how I put everything together in this pic:

6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Kam Racing wrote:you'll need a sharp blade like a stanley knife to cut down the 90 degree silicon hose slightly. If you don't the cda will get in the way of the bonnet shutting or at least thats what I found when doing mine.

you can see how I put everything together in this pic:

The Silicon Hose Kam Racing normally supply are 5mm to wide in terms of diameter and a lot larger than they should be hence having to cut them. Your best bet is to use the correct BMC 90 degree bend (SAC - 09070).
That fits perfectly without having to cut things down.
jacko_b_23
New

Post by jacko_b_23 »

yeah i had a look at the weekend and realised the silicone hose supplied was way too high and even with the reducers it didnt seem to fit round the throttle body properly?

where can i get that proper bmc hose from if u know?

cheers, jack
jacko_b_23
New

Post by jacko_b_23 »

i also want to be able to fit the engine cover back on will it require any modification to fit?
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

jacko_b_23 wrote:yeah i had a look at the weekend and realised the silicone hose supplied was way too high and even with the reducers it didnt seem to fit round the throttle body properly?

where can i get that proper bmc hose from if u know?

cheers, jack
Yeah it is far too big. You can get the proper BMC 90degree bend pipes from Venom Motorsport and Demon Tweeks.
Any company that supply the BMC kits should have them available so it might be worth trying a few companies.
Make sure you give them the correct part number though SAC - 09070. I think I paid £12 for mine which is a little steep but the Samco versions are normally £20+.

The BMC pipe fits perfectly on the throttle body and there are no issue's with height clearance on the bonnet.
I recommend cleaning the throttle body before you fit the pipe with carb cleaner.

To answer your other question regarding the engine cover you shouldnt have any problems fitting it.
I will upload a pic of mine when I get time, because I also have the cover still fitted with the BMC, the
only thing you may need to do is modify the Mechano bracket that comes with the kit.

I will try and get a pic for you later on.

Ben
jacko_b_23
New

Post by jacko_b_23 »

thats brilliant thanks a lot mate. think i will order the proper pipe as i dont really fancy chopping away

that brackets massive too lol did guess it would need cutting. and thanks for the advice on cleaning the throttle body. think i saw a DIY guide on how to go about it on here so ill use that.

shame it wont get done til a couple weeks time, would have been cool to have it done for ed38 and trax...im more than happy to just have it tho after being on the hunt for months!!

jack
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

jacko_b_23 wrote:thats brilliant thanks a lot mate. think i will order the proper pipe as i dont really fancy chopping away

that brackets massive too lol did guess it would need cutting. and thanks for the advice on cleaning the throttle body. think i saw a DIY guide on how to go about it on here so ill use that.

shame it wont get done til a couple weeks time, would have been cool to have it done for ed38 and trax...im more than happy to just have it tho after being on the hunt for months!!

jack
No problem at all Jack,

You will love the sound of the BMC when you get it fitted, its certainly the best sounding induction kit on the market.

The standard air feed that comes with the BMC is not the best either, it does the job but doesnt look brillaint as far as engine styling is concerned. At the moment I am using the BMC air pipe connected to the OEM Volkswagen air feed which is really poor but that's because I need to buy a better cold air feed.

Check out Tim_Gti's build thread, his engine bay is spot on.

Ben