Is this anyones? Slightly modded blue Mk3....

Have you received a flyer or have you spotted someone? Post here!
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Is this anyones? Slightly modded blue Mk3....

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Well there was a sight. I was turning myself around in the car park behind my local post office, and spotted a Polo that was at first glance identical to mine. Certainly, the same colour and front end.

On closer inspection, some differences:
It's an L-reg Coupe for starters :)
Small, good looking proper-colour metal chin spoiler added under the front bumper making it appear lower from the business end, although parking alongside revealed it's actually a few mils proud of standard height (taking mine as a reference)... without any fogs to soil it.
13 inch BBS basketweave alloys boasting chunky 175/70 tyres (also making it look lower, whilst raising it)
Smoked rear clusters and clear side repeaters (but orange fronts)
Momo steering wheel, fairly slick custom mirrors - don't ask me what type :)
Fox transfers, and a clock-less (& tacho-less) interior, but a 5 speed shifter and a GT badge on the back. (so what engine and gears does it actually have?? :P)
LOTS of exposed wiring hanging under the glove box. I didnt even think the car had that much cabling in it.
No stereo... like, at all.
Nice seat trims let down by some ciggy burns.
Immaculate paintwork! (well, in comparison)

and...
a for sale sign advertising it at £995 with 75000 miles.

Mildly tempted (fairly tidy but for those wires), but unfortunately I'm now broke.
Any north brum board members owning up to this one, or is it a non-union picket breaker? ;)