Mk4 1.0 Polo Performance Exhaust???

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
asasprey
New

Mk4 1.0 Polo Performance Exhaust???

Post by asasprey »

Hi guys i have been looking all over for a performance exhaust for my little polo but i have no joy! I can only find a performance race manifold. Does anybody know where i can get the straight through exhaust with backbox from??? Thanks
Alex
NOZ
Platinum Member

Re: Mk4 1.0 Polo Performance Exhaust???

Post by NOZ »

Its very hard to find things tailored for a 1.0L polo. If you're looking to change most of the exhaust system then you may want to consider Powerflow. They could give tailor a full system for how you want it to sound etc. It won't be better then an actual system made for your car specifically but I doubt you'd have any luck finding that.

Personally I wouldn't bother eaking power out of a 1.0L but if I did i'd go the Powerflow route and get a 4-2-1 manifold too.
The_phat_controlleruk
Silver Member

Post by The_phat_controlleruk »

Like the above post says, mine is a 1.4 with a cat-back exhaust and it sucks arse. It makes more noise than improve on performance, IMO it 's not worth it, mine's coming off as soon as I get a new standard back box (less is more as they say). NOZ, you're a bit busy today.
NOZ
Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

^^ Can't really weight the £££ spent against the positives of getting it done. Never makes sense on a small engine.

@ Controller: Going work now lol so don't finish till 11pm :( Why? I'll be free tomorrow afteroon.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

depends on how much your willing to spend on your engine mate but i guess you could try tune a 1.0l lol. Though i do hope the pockets are deep mate!

Personally if it were me id just get a backbox to beat the noise but i am somewhat of a chav at heart and i like that sort of thing lol. (really i just like to p*** of the neigbours, they dont give me treats on halloween anymore. Fuckers...)
vw-po-low
Gold Member

Post by vw-po-low »

Hmm i run a 1.0L but not really an exhaust fan. They're not as crappy as they sound. 10bhp less then a 1.4 8v ..
dub_jack
Bronze Member

Post by dub_jack »

Venom motorsport do a full system for a polo for £325, not sure if it fits directly on a 1.0 but i dont see why not. Ive just got a full exhaust system for my 1.0 for £50!!!!i've ever known such a bargain!
dub_jack
Bronze Member

Post by dub_jack »

polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

The 1.0 is a pointless engine to try to tune, save the £££ and buy a 1.6 AEE lump around the £150-250 mark and do a diy conversion, as the 1.6 is such a tunable engine with alot of potential.
dub_jack
Bronze Member

Post by dub_jack »

polo-sib wrote:The 1.0 is a pointless engine to try to tune, save the £££ and buy a 1.6 AEE lump around the £150-250 mark and do a diy conversion, as the 1.6 is such a tunable engine with alot of potential.
Yea but if your like me and this is a first car, 1)my insurance is high enough anyway, i cant afford to insue a 1.6, and 2)i dont want serious power as ill end up binning it into a wall!!
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

dub_jack wrote:
polo-sib wrote:The 1.0 is a pointless engine to try to tune, save the £££ and buy a 1.6 AEE lump around the £150-250 mark and do a diy conversion, as the 1.6 is such a tunable engine with alot of potential.
Yea but if your like me and this is a first car, 1)my insurance is high enough anyway, i cant afford to insue a 1.6, and 2)i dont want serious power as ill end up binning it into a wall!!
To be honest I had a 1.0 and switched to a 1.4 during the first year and I didnt have to pay extra as the 1.4 and 1.6 according to my insurance was in the same catagory, so a little investigation might be worthwhile.
anntaylor
New

Post by anntaylor »

whats the latest price of 1.6 AEE lump? because this topic is too old..

Platinum Member

Post by NOZ »

^ LOL ^

Shouldn't cost too much but modifying your motor isn;t going to help anyway. Some insurers are retarded enough to ask for a massive premium just because you've added a mod such as an exhaust. They wouldn't care if it gives little or no performance gain and insist you pay up. This all depends if you'll declare the modifications though, which you should do ALWAYS.

Even if you bought a system tailored towards performance, the bhp increase will be so minimal you'll wonder why you bothered!