(6 days left!!) 3 Weeks Later... Pics!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

(6 days left!!) 3 Weeks Later... Pics!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Alright guys!! Glad to be on my way to becoming a member of the family! 6 days left till
I can pick up my lovely new polo GTI!! Cannot wait.

I recently got a new job and was able to shop for a new car, it was between the Audi a1 and the polo gti and within twenty minutes of seeing them both in liverpool, I had my heart set on the GTI.

So I hadn't put much effort into getting one ordered, thinking it wouldnt be too difficult to get hold of one. I went into Corkills VW which is like two minutes from my house, just to see if they had one in to show my mrs- they didn't but I spoke to them and found out there was a 7 month waiting list!!! WTF!!

Gutted was an understatement. Then the dealer said he'd have a check on the system to see if they had any untagged ones and low and behold, there was ONE! A stock flash red one. So I said yeah do it get it tagged and then I payed the deposit and the car was mine, delivery date- 5th march!! Amazing! Nevermind 7 months, 3 weeks sounds much better!!

So he called me up to sign some docs and the little beast was sitting there when I went in! Took some pics but I'm on my phone so I'll stick em on later. Bloody lovely and I just cannot wait to get in it! Roll on next saturday!

So yeah anyone got any advice on getting the best out of the DSG? Any popular break-in ideas? Exciting!!!

Peace!!

Ad.

EDIT: Heres a couple of photos of my GTI at last, theres more to come, some nice night time ones round southport.

This one is in Southport NCP multistory - if it wasnt for that bastard grey thing behing it, this would be a great shot I reckon! I managed to hide the other two cars behind it but not all of them.

This one is from outside my Dealership five days before I was even allowed to pick it up! It was only there for about ten mins and I spent the entire time drooling over it.

Both s**t iphone pics but ive taken some on an SLR since which look ace, just getting them off my mates computer is a pain.

Hope you like it, shes only stock for now, considering some HIDS/LEDS and maaaybe some aftermarket alloys, but I havent decided yet.
Last edited by BonsaiTiger on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tt509
Gold Member

Re: 6 days left!!

Post by tt509 »

nice one get some pics up mate
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Great and good luck with the pick up. To be honest car engines dont really need running in these days just drive it normally eg don't trash it from cold so once warm treat the engine normally. The only parts that do need bedding in are the brakes so just be gentle with them otherwise they might glaze over.

DSG is fantastic I tend to drive mine in manual using paddles most of the time and only use auto mode in slow traffic.
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

I was in the exact same boat in the toss up between the Polo and the A1. The Polo seems more special for my experiences.

I had similar experience yes there is a 7 month waiting list for a new one. something to do with not enough DSG boxes to go around!

i pick my new GTi on up on Tuesday ! Can't wait !!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Yeah I was wondering whether to worry too much about breaking it in, ace. There's a vid on YouTube of some fiend beating the sh*t out of one upto 60 or 70mph on a cold engine and delivery mileage!! I'll dig it out and post a link tomorrow, along with some photos of the car!

Agh mate I'm proper excited for you! I could have picked mine up on Tuesday but I'm workin all week so I can't get back in time to pick it up- so gotta wait till Saturday!! Rubbish!!

Stick some pics up when you get it man, what options did you go for? Any mods planned?

Ad.
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

You will love it takes till about 2000 miles to really loosen up had mine mapped at about 2600miles :-) you will love the car!!!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Less than 24 hours till I can pick up my polo! I cant wait to see it! I hope its sunny, that thing looks as red as the devils d*ck when its sunny!

Anybody got any ideas for names? Reg is PNII MVT.

I've just spent the last four hours trying to edit a massive spreadsheet using LOTUS 123 so my creative brain has been melted and am unable to complete the naming of the vehicle.

Incidentally, theres a load of private plates with PO10 (which looks like POI0) and various combinations of letter afterwards, such as PO10 ADZ, which I was considering as my name is Adam. But there are loads on the DVLA website, most of them around £400. Good IF you're planning on having a polo forever, but otherwise a bit daft perhaps?
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Malcs_ZR
New

Post by Malcs_ZR »

PO10 VWB and punt it with the car when you sell it surely would add some sort of value
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Malcs_ZR wrote:PO10 VWB and punt it with the car when you sell it surely would add some sort of value
I had a car with a private plate ( came with the car) a few years ago and had to sell them separately to maximise the value. Might make the difference to a sale if it went with the car but I doubt you would get your money back selling together. However they are a bit of fun if you have the cash to spare. :D
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Re: (6 days left!!) 3 Weeks Later... Pics!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

My mates just bought one for his WHITE 1 series coupé - G16 MSS ( thats his initials) but to me that says GAY MISS or something and it deffo makes a girly car look even girlier.

Also Ive added some pictures to the top post. Finally.