Replacement for my GTI MK6

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Re: Replacement for my GTI MK6

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Any news on what engine they will be using?

TFSI or a tuned TSI? Wouldnt consider changing my GTI for one if it was going to be the same engine as I already have. :(
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

KennyPOLO_Gti wrote:Any news on what engine they will be using?

TFSI or a tuned TSI? Wouldnt consider changing my GTI for one if it was going to be the same engine as I already have. :(
No not heard anything ref engine details but my guess it will be the same engine with a remap to ensure low emissions and there is a gap between it and the R. The R uses the same engine as the S3 as did the ED30 but lower state of tune. If the ED35 is anywhere near as good as the ED30 then I will be very keen. My MK6 is Candy White 5dr and has a huge spec so will have to know the full details of the ED35 before I buy, but the ED30 was well worth the extra over the MK5 GTI so will have to wait and see.
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

Looks good, but not sure I really see the point of it. Looks like you're paying basically for a remap and some bodywork, fair play but this whole 'Edition' thing is getting a bit old. I don't really think that you can justify a 'special edition' every 5 years if you're just going to give it a remap and bumpers. Fair play to the Anniversary (25 years is an achievement) and at least the Edition 30 had an uprated engine/turbo, but this seems to be taking the mick a bit. The Golf GTi should be like this is, would take on the guys at Renaultsport etc.
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

Think the ED35 is going to the having the EA113 K04 unit :D Just waiting on VW to confirm this. Not sure what I will do with my Golf, I do love it and since going to REVO Stage 2 its extremeley quick and good fun to drive but the GTI lacks a bit of style! Plus I never ordered xenons from factory!!!
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

KennyPOLO_Gti wrote:Think the ED35 is going to the having the EA113 K04 unit :D Just waiting on VW to confirm this. Not sure what I will do with my Golf, I do love it and since going to REVO Stage 2 its extremeley quick and good fun to drive but the GTI lacks a bit of style! Plus I never ordered xenons from factory!!!
There seams to be a lot of speculation regarding the use of the old EA113 K04 (as used in the ED30) or a remapped EA888, but we will just have to wait. The MK6 is a great car and I love it, not sure what you mean about the GTI lacks style :? I think it is really stylish and my car gets a lot of great comments.

My MK6 GTI will be 3 years old in late 2012 so will need to change it therefore it will be a choice of another GTI or an ED35 as the MK7 won't be out by then.
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

will get you the pic of it from up from worthersee in the next day or so mate got 1400 to sort out
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

tt509 wrote:will get you the pic of it from up from worthersee in the next day or so mate got 1400 to sort out
Great, thanks in advance :D looking forward to seeing some real life pictures rather than the press shots that came out in May. If you have some good shots of Polos and Golfs perhaps you could start a Worthersee thread?
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Brillant, that flog Jobs is associated with VW :evil: . Think I might go cancel my order now, I'd hate to think what the spinning, coloured ball of death would mean in a VW..........
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

tt509 wrote:Image
tt509 thanks very much for posting these pics from Worthersee. I really like the ED35 even more now, these pics are far better than the press pictures for judging what it really looks like. The metallic red looks excellent and both sets of wheels look fantastic, hmmm 18" or 19" will need to see these in the flesh before I can decide :D
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

got some pics of it white to some find them for you
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

tt509 wrote:got some pics of it white to some find them for you
Yes please 8)
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

tt509, thanks again looks just as good in White but I think I prefer the Red TBH as the metallic is special. The cars look to be be highly speced so will be interesting to see what comes as STD, really can't wait now to see one at my dealers and go for a drive but I guess I will have to wait until Autumn :D
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

Edi30 wrote:tt509, thanks again looks just as good in White but I think I prefer the Red TBH as the metallic is special. The cars look to be be highly speced so will be interesting to see what comes as STD, really can't wait now to see one at my dealers and go for a drive but I guess I will have to wait until Autumn :D
agree with you mate think the red is more special than "just white" as standard gti's come in that colour and they dont in that red ?