Hello again, long time no see, just got a new Polo!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
JoeG07
Gold Member

Hello again, long time no see, just got a new Polo!

Post by JoeG07 »

Hello everyone! Hope you're well. Havn't been on here for about three years so probably won't know many of you! Anyway, I had a pretty decked out Polo 6n, bought a Golf GTI few years back, and have just gone back to good old Polo!!! Just bought my shiny 9n2 (I think) Polo home, 1.4L TDI - LOVE IT!!! Handles much much better than the golf, is super efficient, and that little engine is surprisingly punchy for its size.

I'm not going to do anything major, but just have a few points I want I've noticed and am thinking of changing and would appreciate your advice on:

- First thing I want to do is put on a honeycomb grille like on the GTI. They look mint. Are they easy to fit? Can't imagine they wouldn't be.
- Sound system is pretty naff. Not looking to do any major works, but in all honesty will a new head unit make much of a difference? Also the bass isn't too awful, I think its the tweeters that are to blame, can anyone comment on that?
- I hate most of the naff halfords stereos and want something smart, can an OEM Audi double din unit be slotted in perhaps? Any reccomendations? Can you get ones with handsfree kits?
- Performance chips - do they do anything? Do they wreck your fuel consumption? Will I see any difference to a 1.4? I can't really see a £50 chip saving me fuel and giving me an extra 5bhp as some sites have claimed. Also do they affect insurance much?
- What would a set of genuine OEM alloys set me back?
- I'd love white headlights, are there any bulbs that can do that or does it mean a new headlight kit? I fitted some well expensive super bright daylight white Xenon headlights bulbs in my golf which made absolutly no difference other than a very slightly whiter tint!
- Horn - lets just say I won't be hooting anybody in a hurrey!
JoeG07
Gold Member

Re: Hello again, long time no see, just got a new Polo!

Post by JoeG07 »

wow, that's a warm welcome back guys :?
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Us 9n owners are better than 9n2/3 :lol:

Look at yorks gt in the 9n photo section he had a double din but dunno what it was

I highly recommend a remap from r-tech.

Oh and welcome back to the little dub scene
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

How much are the R-tech remaps? Do they affect fuel consumption?
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Take hob nobs lol they get u discount. Nik charged me £200 for a custom map so it should be reasonable.