Dyno Readout Makes Me Sad :(

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

Alright chaps

Had my car Dyno'ed at Santa Pod this weekend and it came back as 150.7 BHP, I would be happy with this if the car was standard but the problem is.. its not

I have Revo stage 1, Forge DV, K&N Filter etc

Should be nearer 200 surely? :(

The guys who done the Dyno recon its because I got a Remap and then got a de-cat, the emissions light is on and they recon the car is "limp" moding it a bit and killing the power because the ECU thinks the cat is too hot?

Also according to them, the fuel printout should pretty much hit bottom when you open the throttle, mine went down about half way the fluctuated :/

Can anyone shed any light on what may be the problem?

Heres the printouts anyways so you can see my dilemma

BHP:

Fuel:

What I can't understand is that the car does not feel standard, it's way quicker than it was standard. I was running 14.4 Sec down the 1/4 mile, thats not standard car times is it?? :(

Thanks for any help dudes, hopefully someone can make some sense of the graphs as they mean very little to me :oops:
Sharpy19
Getting There!

Re: Dyno Readout Makes Me Sad :(

Post by Sharpy19 »

maybe their rolling road isnt very accurate?

mines bee remapped and im putting the decat on soon, hoopefully it wont affect it!
lukey GTI
Silver Member

Post by lukey GTI »

my mates van was de catted then had to be mapped because the de-cat caused a problem or some thing ... id go to a place with a decent rolling road just to make sure then see if the company who maped it will sort it ... they normaly do for free if u have the receipt
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

if youve decatted and on stage 1 it wont run right unless you map out the rear lambda sensor which is connected to the cat

revo stage 2 runs without the rear lambda so either upgrade to that, or get it mapped out

it'll be runnin standard, or even less than standard if its im limp mode mate!

on the qtr mile i got 14 dead with a standard car so its not running right well by the sounds of it!
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Talk to nick at r-tech he is very helpful
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

I don't think the rolling road is reading incorrectly, my mate got his Insignia CDTi with a tuning box done and it came back as 200 (box quotes 210) so that's pretty much spot on

Will a sports cat do it any good? Will a Revo stage 1 run ok with a sports cat?

Or will I be better off just sticking my cat back on and getting it dynoed again to see if it is in "limp" mode?
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

kc wrote: on the qtr mile i got 14 dead with a standard car so its not running right well by the sounds of it!
you did 14sec on 1/4mile with a full stock Polo GTI???
or you did a weight reduction of 500Kg and drove with at least semi slicks, or this is complete BS :roll:

what times are you running with a tuned polo? 9sec? :lol:
JoshGTI
Bronze Member

Post by JoshGTI »

You will definitely need to get it mapped to eliminate the rear lamda.

If the fuelling Is off as a result I wouldn't be driving it to hard either until you get it mapped again.
Sharpy19
Getting There!

Post by Sharpy19 »

Definitely dreaming about doing a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds in a stock polo! :shock:

Thats about what you get with a tuned polo, maybe just under!
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Sharpy19 wrote:Definitely dreaming about doing a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds in a stock polo! :shock:

It is tuned that's what he saying it lost after Decat.
KennyPOLO_Gti
Platinum Member

Post by KennyPOLO_Gti »

I had the cat removed on my Polo and it brought up the emissions light but never went into limp mode, thats just BS they are hitting you with. I just removed the probe and tied it off under the car and plugged the hole it was fine.

Surely you can feel the difference between 190-195bhp and std? Have a race with someone that you know to compare?
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

KennyPOLO_Gti wrote:I had the cat removed on my Polo and it brought up the emissions light but never went into limp mode, thats just BS they are hitting you with. I just removed the probe and tied it off under the car and plugged the hole it was fine.

Surely you can feel the difference between 190-195bhp and std? Have a race with someone that you know to compare?
Could it be becasue I have the sensor still in the de-cat pipe maybe? Instead of taking it out and tieing it somewhere?

Yeah thats my point mate, I can feel the difference and it is definetly quicker than it was when it was standard

The strange thing is, if I turn off my emissions light with VAG-COm, it feels faster and more responsive untill the light decides to come back on again :shock:
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

if you can't feel the diffrence between a tuned car with nearly 200Hp or a stock car with 150Hp, the problem is you...

even if you decat the exhaust, you will get a signal light.
if the second lambda is not measuring correct it can go into limp mode, but you won't make 150Hp i guess.
the car will stall and not run decent at all.
if you do feel the diffrence and you are now 100% sure youre car is faster as stock, the problem lays with the dyno.
or maybe you have 150Hp@ the wheels or so...

but if you only felt the diffrence after when you car was getting tuned, and it's a couple of mounths ago or so.
you could have a broken maf sensor.
it could be that he is loosing power slowly, so it's builing his powerloss down on time.
if you have this problem you won't notice the powerloss youreself.
but if you change the maf sensor to a new one you immediantly feel the diffrence again.

just a speculation because a friend have had it with his car... :wink:
i won't worry so much, maybe try anonther dyno.
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

g__humm wrote:
Sharpy19 wrote:Definitely dreaming about doing a 1/4 mile in 14 seconds in a stock polo! :shock:

It is tuned that's what he saying it lost after Decat.
his exact words are: "on the qtr mile i got 14 dead with a standard car "...
where do you see him saying his car is tuned and lost the cat :?:
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

Am I just being stupid?

The dude @ the dyno did say this was the Wheel BHP, not the fly.. Is 150 HP standrad for a Stage 1 re-map at the wheels?

I do think you could be onto something with the MAF though, the car has been idling eratically for a while now

Also I run a K&N cone, which I have heared is not good for MAFs